Thread: Champion and sheridan. .20 pellets.

Champion and sheridan. .20 pellets.

A clay pigeon instructor friend of mine who is not into air guns in a big way, sold me some .20 pellets among other things which seem to be quite collectable. Three fullish tins of Champion .5mm in red , white and blue tins, which i have not seen before, and two tins ( 1 full 1 half full approx) of Sheridan .20 pellets in green tins, imported by Browning of Bristol. not sure of rarity for collectors or use of,or the value of said pellets. Be interesting for your views and values on them.
    Was hoping to do the Birmingham arms fair this sunday 21st.But have other commitments

Hi Flogger

I just had a look at what I have in a box. Do any of the tins look like these ? This green tin is .22 Benjamin, I don't remember seeing green tins of sheridan .20, but there might be.

Leave the pellets in the tins they are nice collectors pieces and use something like .20 JSB Exact they are also a lot more accurate.

.20 pellets

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    Hi Flogger

I just had a look at what I have in a box. Do any of the tins look like these ? This green tin is .22 Benjamin, I don't remember seeing green tins of sheridan .20, but there might be.

Leave the pellets in the tins they are nice collectors pieces and use something like .20 JSB Exact they are also a lot more accurate.

No sorry nothing like those, i have had a good selection of the ones you have pictured. I could email pics. If someone could put on bbs. mite cause more interest.
    Roly.

These are the .20/5mm pellets Flogger has. The green tin of slugs look like genuine Sheridan 'trash can' shaped slugs but just rebranded by UK co. Brownings of Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    These are the .20/5mm pellets Flogger has. The green tin of slugs look like genuine Sheridan 'trash can' shaped slugs but just rebranded by UK co. Brownings of Bristol.

Except it says they were “Made in West Germany”. I suspect they are rebranded 1970s/early 80s Bimoco “ Sheridan Torpedos” or perhaps H&N Spitzkugel of similar vintage. Actually, probably earlier given the postcode style. 60s? Before the Sheridan was hit by the 12ft-lbs limit?
    Last edited by Geezer; 19-11-2021 at 08:54 PM. Reason: More thinking.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-remember-them

This thread suggests early-mid 1960s.

Thanks Geezer. If you zoom in on the Top pic of the red plastic box of Sheridan pellets, it also says made in West Germany, but these are diabolo.

I recently saw some 1980s pellets for sale that look exactly the same as Beeman Silverjets, but I was surprised to see the tin was from a now long gone shop in the small market town where I live. It seems quite a few gunshops would rebrand things.
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 20-11-2021 at 11:16 AM.