Hi all,

Hoping there's either a gunsmith or avid DIYer who can answer a couple of questions on the S410 for me.

Since my S410 hasn't been shot much since I've had it (couple of years) I don't really want to pay air arms £60 to service it yet, but I'd like to check there's no corrosion inside the cylinder (I fill with a stirrup pump).

a. Is the easiest way to inspect the cylinder to remove it near the action. Ie. remove the cylinder-to-barrel clamp at the front then remove the cylinder with the quickfill adapter and filling valve in place? Looks a lot simpler than removing the filling valve but I may have overlooked something.

b. The diagram shows a sealing ring RN324 between cylinder and firing valve, will this be ok to re-use if undamaged or should I get a new one to reassemble with? Should I apply a little oil/grease to anything during reassemly or leave dry?

c. How tight will the cylinder be screwed onto the firing valve? Will it need retightening to more than hand tight?

Also, am I likely to run into problems realigning the barrel exactly afterwards or will the front clamp go back on easily exactly as it came off?

Sorry for so many questions, if no-one can confirm I've got this right I'll probably wait a while then get it serviced, but it seems a waste of money when it's mainly sat unused and the only thing that really needs inspecting is the cylinder.

thanks.