Thread: The Tale of a Long Lost Air Pistol - and the MPL.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Out of Mothballs !

Sounds like a good opportunity to get that baby out of mothballs and back on the firing line.

I've never owned a 'springer' - but several guys at our range use them for 10m every week.

Good luck in the MPL !
    Peterborough Sportsman's Club (Dublin, NH USA) - "Pellet Night" Wednesday evenings 5-8pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Agt. Smith View Post
    Sounds like a good opportunity to get that baby out of mothballs and back on the firing line.

I've never owned a 'springer' - but several guys at our range use them for 10m every week.

Good luck in the MPL !
    Thanks Paul,

From what I have seen so far - I will need a lot of luck to get very many of the holes in the black bit with this little air pistol!

Last night's pellet testing session showed me just what a challenge I have taken on - and realise just how good the current range of match pistols really are

Stay safe,

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Return of the prodical pistol

Great story Bob,

And there must be hundreds of ex Zooma guns out there, the number you've sold!

And after finding it, you nearly sold it again, shame on you!

I off course, still have all my pistols bought from my first in '72, a Wobley Premier, closely followed by my FWB 65 bought new a couple of weeks later, after realising that the Wobley was not a target pistol, (more a door stop!), but I could still not bear to part with it, and I've retained every one of my match Air pistols over my target shooting career since, plus a couple of curio's, (just counted 11!), I even have my Toz 36, Centre fire revolver (now deactivated) but of course neither of us are collectors!

We even have most of Pam's Target Air rifles over the same time span (just counted 5!) even the LGV Spezial that she won the recoiling class at NARPA's Cosford in '72, all except, of course her Special Original 75, that we all searched for for 10 years, before I gave up and built a replica of it!

So Bob, the old Weihrauch? keep it, shoot it, even frame it, but never sell it!

Take Care and have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thumbs up Keep Smiling - and Stay Safe

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I off course, still have all my pistols bought from my first in '72, a Wobley Premier, closely followed by my FWB 65 bought new a couple of weeks later, after realising that the Wobley was not a target pistol, (more a door stop!), but I could still not bear to part with it, and I've retained every one of my match Air pistols over my target shooting career since, plus a couple of curio's, (just counted 11!), I even have my Toz 36, Centre fire revolver (now deactivated) but of course neither of us are collectors!

We even have most of Pam's Target Air rifles over the same time span (just counted 5!) even the LGV Spezial that she won the recoiling class at NARPA's Cosford in '72, all except, of course her Special Original 75, that we all searched for for 10 years, before I gave up and built a replica of it!
    Hi Robin - its really nice to hear from you again .

I remember you telling me (so clearly - and so often !) that you are NOT a collector.

The main difference (regarding our toy collections) is that I think you just have more space than myself to store your own "non-collection" than I do, so I have to make some very difficult decisions from time to time if I am to continue to enjoy and experience all of the airguns that I would like to try and own (at least for a while).

.......and I am also under a (most unreasonable) strict "weapons control" directive that includes the "one in - one out" rule so I need to remind myself that we are all only temporary custodians of our airgun treasures.

Given the above - some of my treasures will give a lot more people some pleasure than yours will - but only because I cant keep them all at the same time

.......but I am still working on resolving this problem and I have always regarded it as a "purely temporary" restriction

Keep smiling - and Stay safe!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Bob,

Your account of your HW70 finding its way back to you is very interesting, and shows how some of those guns that are sold are kept within the airgun community, and often moved on between collectors.

When I first got into 10m air rifle shooting in the early 1980s, I owned an Original 75 that I purchased from a fellow club member at our airgun club in Bromley, and I won many trophies and competitions with it.

When I stopped shooting 10m air rifle in the early 1990s, I sold the gun through an Airgun World advert to, if I recall correctly, a chap 'Up North'.

The serial number of the rifle was 023562 with a manufacture date of 01-80.

I did post a thread on the BBS a while ago to see if any BBS members owned it, or if it could be traced, but with no luck.

Interestingly, the rifle was originally a prize in a 'Target Gun' competition that my mate won, and as he was a Feinwerkbau 300S owner, he sold the Original 75 to me.

I wonder what happened to it and where it is now
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Bob,

Your account of your HW70 finding its way back to you is very interesting, and shows how some of those guns that are sold are kept within the airgun community, and often moved on between collectors.

When I first got into 10m air rifle shooting in the early 1980s, I owned an Original 75 that I purchased from a fellow club member at our airgun club in Bromley, and I won many trophies and competitions with it.

When I stopped shooting 10m air rifle in the early 1990s, I sold the gun through an Airgun World advert to, if I recall correctly, a chap 'Up North'.

The serial number of the rifle was 023562 with a manufacture date of 01-80.

I did post a thread on the BBS a while ago to see if any BBS members owned it, or if it could be traced, but with no luck.

Interestingly, the rifle was originally a prize in a 'Target Gun' competition that my mate won, and as he was a Feinwerkbau 300S owner, he sold the Original 75 to me.

I wonder what happened to it and where it is now

I saw this and had to go check. Mine is 01-80 and I knew the serial was similar, but mine is 023535
    Old German target rifles and even older BSA's

Quote Originally Posted by Graemevw View Post
    I saw this and had to go check. Mine is 01-80 and I knew the serial was similar, but mine is 023535
    Thanks for checking Graeme, that is close, but not quite close enough!
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/