Thread: feinwerkbau sport 124 .177 Valuation

feinwerkbau sport 124 .177 Valuation

Ive been handed down a feinwerkbau sport 124 in .177 cal, Got no idea how old it is or how much its worth, Any idea how much this is worth? thinking of getting rid of this to fund a new HW95/99 Thank you

Condition?

Until recently I’d have said about £250 for a good one with no faults and its open sights. But have seen them higher over the last couple of years.

The Sport is one of the best springers ever. If it’s a good one, you might consider keeping it. I certainly would prefer it to a 95.

Yeah good condition for age. but id prefer a HW as i can put a silencer and scope's on etc

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanther8910 View Post
    Yeah good condition for age. but id prefer a HW as i can put a silencer and scope's on etc
    I have a Sport with both...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

You can put a silencer on almost any springer if not all of them
    The only thing at the moment is Christmas is close so sales will be slower and values less best waiting until end Jan to sell sorry I can’t tell you how much it’s worth but there was a hw99 on gunstar or guntrader the other day for £160

I'm pretty sure there would be people who'd swap their 99 or 95 for your 124, depending on condition you may even get a bit of cash too.

In good cond. Complete with its opensights i would agree with most here £250, for a minter around £350, as for the sport being a better gun than a HW95 no chance the 95 is just a better made rifle.

Dave.

IMO you should keep the sport it will hold its value better than a 95 and certainly shoot better

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    In good cond. Complete with its opensights i would agree with most here £250, for a minter around £350, as for the sport being a better gun than a HW95 no chance the 95 is just a better made rifle.

Dave.
    Not getting into that debate on this thread.

A lot of Sports sold, but being popular a lot were well used. Good for its age could be anything. Value is £200 to £275 and the higher has to be in exceedingly good condition. Factory fresh make £350. The .177 demand a little more than a .22.

The Sport is one of the best handling air rifles ever done. Even with a 4x40 scope. Slim moderator is optional as they aren't particularly noisy for a springer. Most shoot well under the legal limit, tad under 11ft/lbs.
    A modern HW95 is similar weight, and has a better trigger. I find a Sport easier to shoot but both are hold sensitive and neither forgiving. Find a way to get the best out of one, and both can shoot exceedingly well.
    Both handle farmyard ranges, but will struggle beyond 30m not because they aren't accurate but because they are so fidgety and light.
    I enjoy having both examples, both fully tuned up.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Just a reminder of the rules chaps, attempting to buy off a valuation thread will result in a ban.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    obviously depends on what good condition looks like, but good with no major flaws/marks, and open sights complete, I'd say more like £300.

A quality and usable vintage springer
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I have a 124 that's got a V-Mach kit in it and a Maccari trigger and had a moment of madness a couple of years ago and considered selling it on but thankfully I didn't.
    I've also got one of the new ones and if I needed to sell one I think it would be the new one. This might seem daft but to me the old one is easily worth as much as the new one.
    I also bought a HW95 and whilst it was a lovely gun I just prefer the 124.

keith66 is online now Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    To put it into perspective, i bought my Fwb sport 127 in 1978 cost me £60 from Ernie Greenberg at Alexandra guns, a real bargain price at the time.
    I still have it. Looking at the Bank of Englands website, value of money £60 back then is equvalent to £441.65p today, So one at £350 is still a better bargain than if you had bought it new!

My HW's have all come and gone, but I still have and use my 124 Sport after 40 years.