Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video: Kempton Arms Fair Review and New BSA Book Launch

Very interesting video. Love to know the background of some of those guns. For example, the near new Gat pistol. Where has it been to be in such a good looking example ?

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Only just seen this, what a very, very good film, thoroughly enjoyed it, an excellent interesting watch.

Thank you.

Chippendale. (with clothes on)

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Small world , nice video . I noticed John mentioned an electrical shop in Cricklewood . I am assuming it was Silmans ? I had a gat bought for me from there too , back in the 70's
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by BEESA View Post
    Small world , nice video . I noticed John mentioned an electrical shop in Cricklewood . I am assuming it was Silmans ? I had a gat bought for me from there too , back in the 70's
    Don
    Hi Don,

I've been trying to remember the name of that shop for years and Silmans does ring a bell. It was red fronted from memory and the shop was jam packed full of spare bulbs, transistors and all sorts of components. I remember seeing boxed Gats in the window display. I bought my first pack of Gat darts there too and a box of Beatall pellets for 80p.

Happy memories.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Hi John , yes that is the shop . Opposite the telephone exchange . I was born in the Railway cottages opposite Smiths industries and went to Mora road school . I also remember going to silmans for valves for the old tv's and electrical parts with my Father , think the sold vinyl records too . That started my interest with airguns
    Don

John's book

Anybody order the new book in the UK and received it yet?

I know it's Xmas post this time of year but I've been sat by my front door letterbox in reading glasses with my slippers on since I placed the order for a signed one on Sunday 12th evening.

I spoke to Protek last Thursday who confirmed it was 2nd class posted on Tuesday the 14th which was good news seeing as this was their first shipping day.
    Forgot to ask about tracking so better ring them again
    Hope I've spoke too soon and get something tomorrow.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BEESA View Post
    Hi John , yes that is the shop . Opposite the telephone exchange . I was born in the Railway cottages opposite Smiths industries and went to Mora road school . I also remember going to silmans for valves for the old tv's and electrical parts with my Father , think the sold vinyl records too . That started my interest with airguns
    Don
    I know those cottages and I also went to Mora Road school! Amazing coincidence. IIRC, my teachers were Miss Hanaghan in the 1st year, Miss Wilson in the 3rd year and Miss Walker in the 4th. I can't remember the 2nd year. I then went to William Gladstone High.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    Anybody order the new book in the UK and received it yet?

I know it's Xmas post this time of year but I've been sat by my front door letterbox in reading glasses with my slippers on since I placed the order for a signed one on Sunday 12th evening.

I spoke to Protek last Thursday who confirmed it was 2nd class posted on Tuesday the 14th which was good news seeing as this was their first shipping day.
    Forgot to ask about tracking so better ring them again
    Hope I've spoke too soon and get something tomorrow.
    I ordered mine on the 12th too .

Quote Originally Posted by jedburgh View Post
    I ordered mine on the 12th too .
    I see in another post one's arrived in Ohio already

My Royal mail has been already today so maybe tomorrow, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas day

I might go and wipe some old BSA's over with my Renaissance wax that John mentioned in Airgun World
    Reminds me I can't seem to find any source for the Trade secret wax on line though, anyone/John know where to find this product?
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

I reckon this wax is the same stuff used to polish lino when I was a nipper. Just with a posh name.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    I see in another post one's arrived in Ohio already

My Royal mail has been already today so maybe tomorrow, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas day

I might go and wipe some old BSA's over with my Renaissance wax that John mentioned in Airgun World
    Reminds me I can't seem to find any source for the Trade secret wax on line though, anyone/John know where to find this product?
    I bought the Trade Secret wax from Venom. John or rather Mark Knibbs also had it in stock when I visited the shop some years ago and the gun shop in Ringwood had it too when I last visited them a couple of years ago. It seems to work very well on my walnut stocks - BSA, Webley, it's not fussy!

Kind regards,

John

Floor polish, I tell ya. Just ask old people

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Floor polish, I tell ya. Just ask old people
    Yes, that's coming from a old timer (me)

Renaissance wax! my 4r5e Clever marketing. Just like Peckham Spring Water

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Yes, that's coming from a old timer (me)
    They can't tell us owt mate.....