Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video: Kempton Arms Fair Review and New BSA Book Launch

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    They can't tell us owt mate.....
    Quite right Pete, and if they did l wouldn't be able to remember.

Thumbs up

I've been reading John's book. It's quite gobsmackingly comprehensive and it's impossible to think another prewar BSA air rifles book could ever be written in future, unless a detaiied diary by someone involved in the production was discovered - and what are the chances of that?!

The photos are just fantastic as well. There's several things I've never seen before and had no idea existed, like the etched Juvenile and the IMD box.

This book is a dream come true for us BSA nerds and a real publishing triumph.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Kempton fair video

Brilliant a must watch really enjoyed it thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I've been reading John's book. It's quite gobsmackingly comprehensive and it's impossible to think another prewar BSA air rifles book could ever be written in future, unless a detaiied diary by someone involved in the production was discovered - and what are the chances of that?!

The photos are just fantastic as well. There's several things I've never seen before and had no idea existed, like the etched Juvenile and the IMD box.

This book is a dream come true for us BSA nerds and a real publishing triumph.

Thank you Danny!

I'm delighted that long established collectors such as yourself have found the book useful and that some of the content has come as a pleasant surprise.

It was not easy keeping much of the newly discovered information to myself and I had several eureka moments such as when I first noticed the differences between No 22 aperture sights and then examining further examples confirmed my initial discovery. It is great to finally be able to discuss such things without asking collectors to keep quiet "until the book has been published".

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.