Thread: Relum Telly thread size

Relum Telly thread size

Hi can someone tell me the thread sizes of the forend stock screws on a Relum Telly as one of the threads in the air chamber has stripped and I want to helicoil it if possible
    Any help is gratefully received

ATB Andy

They are M5 size, just checked on mine. Protek used to stock them if you were looking to replace with the proper screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Odjick29 View Post
    They are M5 size, just checked on mine. Protek used to stock them if you were looking to replace with the proper screws.
    I thought the screws were m5 when I removed them but I tried them in a m5 nut and they won’t screw into it I then tried a new m5 screw into the threaded holes and it won’t screw into those neither and I’m sure the screws that are in the rifle are the original small slot headed screws that go into the little black steel cups so I really don’t know what to do now any other suggestions

Cheers Andy

I have checked again and they are bang on 5mm on the callipers. Could they be a different pitch? I don’t have any other m5 screws of bolts to check but the pitch is the only thing I can think that would be different. These do date back to the ‘60s and ‘70s so the UK was still imperial, maybe Europe has some different tooling back then too?

I have checked again and they are bang on 5mm on the callipers. Could they be a different pitch? I don’t have any other m5 screws of bolts to check but the pitch is the only thing I can think that would be different. These do date back to the ‘60s and ‘70s so the UK was still imperial, maybe Europe has some different tooling back then too?
    Your right mate they are m5 but the pitch is different seems slightly finer when I put one of the screws against the thread of an m5 .8 pitch they both won’t fit together as they do when the pitch is the same so I just need to find out what pitch my screws are now
    Thanks for your help it’s much appreciated

Cheers Andy

It may be 5mm metric fine which has a 0.5 thread pitch

https://fullerfasteners.com/tech/bas...art-m1-m100-2/

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    It may be 5mm metric fine which has a 0.5 thread pitch

https://fullerfasteners.com/tech/bas...art-m1-m100-2/
    Yep, 5mm metric comes with either fine(.05) or coarse (0.8) thread pitch.

Good luck with sorting your Relum, did a fairly extensive rebuild of a Tornado a while back. Bit of a marathon as the barrel was loose amongst other things & wasn't a job I had expected o find on an under lever!

Thread

Brilliant lads thanks a lot for the info I’ll try and find some m5 fine helicoil’s then I can get the old relum sorted again

atb Andy

M5 x 0.5 Helicoil’s

Does anybody know where a can buy a few m5 x 0.5mm fine helicoils from I’ve been searching for the past half an hour and can’t find any
    Once again any help is appreciated

Cheers Andy

........perhaps have a look at Time-sert as well, possibly? Or a building up with weld & tap it?

Protek Supplies do the Relum stock screws £2.25 for the pair. R58 is the part number. Have you misplaced the old ones or is there an issue with the threads on the action? If the action threads are knackered, I would second the idea of welding up and re-tapping for standard thread.

Protek Supplies do the Relum stock screws £2.25 for the pair. R58 is the part number. Have you misplaced the old ones or is there an issue with the threads on the action? If the action threads are knackered, I would second the idea of welding up and re-tapping for standard thread.
    Hi mate the screws are perfect both the slot heads are fine as is the threads the only problem I’ve got is the threads on the actual rifle are just starting to strip the screws no longer tighten up properly and I’d prefer to just put a couple of helicoils in it if I could find some as I want to keep the original screws as the head is very small to fit into the forend stock cup's
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by airgunner.177 View Post
    Hi mate the screws are perfect both the slot heads are fine as is the threads the only problem I’ve got is the threads on the actual rifle are just starting to strip the screws no longer tighten up properly and I’d prefer to just put a couple of helicoils in it if I could find some as I want to keep the original screws as the head is very small to fit into the forend stock cup's
    Thanks
    Hi Andy,
    Would have suggested decent engineering supplier, UK? Seems you exhausted that route?
    I have a mixed size set of helicoils in my basket with a Chinese Internet business, I will try to send you by PM info I have, few technical issues in last when trying to put similar on here and don't want to break any rules .. .😳

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyajonathan View Post
    Hi Andy,
    Would have suggested decent engineering supplier, UK? Seems you exhausted that route?
    I have a mixed size set of helicoils in my basket with a Chinese Internet business, I will try to send you by PM info I have, few technical issues in last when trying to put similar on here and don't want to break any rules .. .😳
    Thanks mate I’ve not received a pm as yet

Cheers Andy

Quote Originally Posted by airgunner.177 View Post
    Thanks mate I’ve not received a pm as yet

Cheers Andy
    Hi Andy, finally managed to get info, PM with link sent, hope may help you, some of their options have technical info