Thread: Nice new vintage airgun Youtube channel: 1900colt

Nice new vintage airgun Youtube channel: 1900colt

American airgun collector 1900colt has started a great Youtube Channel.

Here is one of the videos: Sheridan Super Grade and Crosman Town & Country 108.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCo1dKd0oxs

Hope you enjoy watching 1900colt's videos.

Cheers, Louis

Thanks for the link Louis and Happy Christmas

My observations - He spent way too long banging on about 'repairing them' both at the start and end of the 8.42 video.
    Not a comparison at all, fails to mention anything about pricing differences when they were made, nothing about calibre, nothing about ease of use when pumping, nothing about accuracy and nothing about the history of the models. Didn't shoot either one of them

Don't think our Matt has anything to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post

My observations - He spent way too long banging on about 'repairing them' both at the start and end of the 8.42 video.
    Not a comparison at all, fails to mention anything about pricing differences when they were made, nothing about calibre, nothing about ease of use when pumping, nothing about accuracy and nothing about the history of the models. Didn't shoot either one of them

I may be to blame for the focus and tone of the video. It was posted partially as a response, and attached to a 3 year old post I did on an American forum where I reiterated Flecther’s claim that the T&C was the better gun to own given it was easily resealed. My point in the post was the T&C was the bargain of the two given in the current used market the SuperGrade is 3 to 4 times the cost of the T&C. The SuperGrade is held in such high regard here among collectors that any questioning of it’s status creates quite excited conversation. Unfortunately as a T&C owner I somewhat enjoy taking on the collector “establishment” lol, that has enshrined Sheridan and ignored other guns including the wonders of airguns from across the pond?
    Last edited by 45flint; 27-12-2021 at 04:05 PM.

I know Mark (1900 Colt). He's got an enormous collection of airguns and is a real expert.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Any new vintage airgun content is very welcome.
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I know Mark (1900 Colt). He's got an enormous collection of airguns and is a real expert.
    He was a major buyer of American guns at the Alm auction. I kid him that I at least held some of his collection. Luckily he was’t into Tell 3’s. I battled for the Brown but he got it. Still have pics holding it in my hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post

Personally I think it's simply nice that someone with a great collection takes the time to make a video, give his views, and share.
    I really enjoy seeing Mark's guns, up close in detail. Especially that T&C stock is just unbelievable. DT Fletcher thought this must have been a salesman sample.

I have a Super Grade Model A and a T&C 107. Both are great guns.
    The SG is better made. Both are nice to shoot and accurate. The SG is more powerful (I have been working on my inlet seal, and it seems to work well now: 15.5 ft/lbs on 8 pumps).
    The T&C is easier to reseal.
    The price difference was substantial, with the T&C being about half the price in 1949.
    But this shows in the better quality materials, tighter tolerances, and attention to detail of the SG.