Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accuracy Tested Sheridan Blue Streak

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Accuracy Tested Sheridan Blue Streak

What sort of groups can these things shoot off a rest with a good scope, even pumping and a decent modern .20 pellet?

At a proper range like 25 yards.

This was from a US forum when I asked this morning:

“They are as accurate as about anyone would ever need. If you can't shoot a Sheridan accurately, you need more practice. I wish I could shoot as well as I used to. I used to be able to make every hole touch each other at that distance.” (25yards)

This fellow posts about Sheridans allot and seems very knowledgeable.

Crosman Premiers into .325” at 25yds is pretty impressive:

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2019...reak-part-4-2/

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Crosman Premiers into .325” at 25yds is pretty impressive:

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2019...reak-part-4-2/
    Gosh indeed, very impressive ... and I believe the Streak has a basic type of trigger mechanism.

c series are very good the later powder coated cb/c9a models have known issues inc overspray in the barrel at both ends and there are reports that one of the solder jigs was out of alignment as well
    these days i can't see as far with open sight's and i don't shoot my sheridans much at all

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Gosh indeed, very impressive ... and I believe the Streak has a basic type of trigger mechanism.
    It does. It’s quite crude, single-stage. But it gets the job done.

And the C9 is light and short, too.

The question does raise the accuracy advantage of a precharged rifle. The trigger is primitive but there is not much moving to disturb aim. I don’t own a Sheridan but my pump Crosman Town & Country is very easy to shoot accurately for all the same reasons. This type of rifle I think allows for cheaper manufacturing while maintaining accuracy, the balance needed in the US for success?

The Blue streak of mine that was brought back to life by Louisvanhovell a member on here, is definitely a hunter at 25yds.
    As stated it's the trigger that let's it down a bit, I've been spoilt by HW two stage stuff.
    In the right hands one hole groups are achievable at 25yds.

Martin

I spent a lot of time hunting with blue streaks in the 90's.
    I did scope and silence mine though.

My preferred pellet back then was the .20 Bisley Superfield.
    Accuracy was ragged single hole groups out to hunting distances
    B.A.S.C. member

I have both a Bluestreak and Silverstreak but must confess that I've never tested them for accuracy, I did fit a small scope on the Silverstreak's intermount but found it too uncomfortable for extended use.

One thing I remember reading on the Sheridans is that they weren't very accurate when new as they relied on the pellets fired to burnish the inside of the barrel to achieve accuracy, so effectively you had to shoot them in.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I have both a Bluestreak and Silverstreak but must confess that I've never tested them for accuracy, I did fit a small scope on the Silverstreak's intermount but found it too uncomfortable for extended use.

One thing I remember reading on the Sheridans is that they weren't very accurate when new as they relied on the pellets fired to burnish the inside of the barrel to achieve accuracy, so effectively you had to shoot them in.

All the best Mick
    I remember that story as well ... are the barrels bronze like Achilles' sword?

Also the original Sheridan pellets were a poor design, more of a slug.

Many in US say they were limited by poor Sheridan pellets of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Many in US say they were limited by poor Sheridan pellets of the day?
    That is what I heard, but if you put proper waisted pellets through them then they perform. I probably said it before but in the early 80s Daystate made a sizer that would squeeze a decent waisted .22 pellet down to .20 and then the rifle would shoot well, allegedly. The Sheridan slugs did penetrate well, so maybe they were selling them from that angle - killing 1" deal boards.

Some cynics think Sheridan elected to go 5mm as they could then make money from every pellet fired, as they were the only company at the time who made them. For a country with no power restriction and a pump-up design, surely .22 would have been a better choice in terms of efficiency?

Thumbs up

If these slugs were all there was many moons ago I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't hit a Cows arm at five paces!

I've not used any of mine in ages but as already said, Modern pellets would most likely suit them much better than the old slugs..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    If these slugs were all there was many moons ago I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't hit a Cows arm at five paces!

I've not used any of mine in ages but as already said, Modern pellets would most likely suit them much better than the old slugs..

John
    These were thought of as hunting rifles back in the day?