Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feinwerkbau 65 Spares & Repair

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Feinwerkbau 65 Spares & Repair

Got one of these a good while ago off here, bought with an issue. The interruptor anti-beartrap thing on it will not work - it seems to fail positive - so that when the pistol is cocked it is not possible to easily return the compression chamber to battery, and the tab thing under the breech has to be chivvied with a screwdriver before it will close. The pistol is therefore inoperable.

Where is the best place to get spares for this? I have e-mailed City Air Weapons, is there anywhere else? Pistol seems to have had a hard life as a club pistol and looking at the strip-down guide on YouTube it looks like a bit of a nightmare to fix. I've done seals and springs on a 300 but the trigger mech is at another level. I guess I will have to strip it before finding which part is broken. I have asked City how much for them to do it but the pistol is not worth much so probably end up being a nice DIY 'Chinese puzzle' for me.

The anti bear trap mechanism that is brokenhas been discontinued by Feinwerkbau, none here is the USA, and I am informed none in Australia, I hope you can find one there, otherwise your only option is to weld new tab on it, which means a complete disassemble of the trigger. If enough people ask for them it is very slightly possible Feinwerkbau will make some more, but its easier to weld....

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by airgunwerks View Post
    The anti bear trap mechanism that is brokenhas been discontinued by Feinwerkbau, none here is the USA, and I am informed none in Australia, I hope you can find one there, otherwise your only option is to weld new tab on it, which means a complete disassemble of the trigger. If enough people ask for them it is very slightly possible Feinwerkbau will make some more, but its easier to weld....
    Thank you, this is the correct diagnosis.

I've had a dig around the part was £120 GB or $160 when available ... so a weld seems the only way forward... or scrap the pistol and sell for parts.

I have no welding skills but maybe I can acquire some ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Thank you, this is the correct diagnosis.

I've had a dig around the part was £120 GB or $160 when available ... so a weld seems the only way forward... or scrap the pistol and sell for parts.

I have no welding skills but maybe I can acquire some ...
    I'd get in touch with Wonky Donky (David Price)
    If anyone can sort it, he can
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I'd get in touch with Wonky Donky (David Price)
    If anyone can sort it, he can
    Thanks, I think David did some work on a piston extension for me before, he is a genius.

A kind member is sending me some parts so I'm going to have a go myself first. There is a very good YouTube video in English on stripping this pistol.

I can't work out how the little stamped steel tab broke off in the first place, I had thought these intricate but very well engineered pistols were bullet-proof so to speak.. the pistol must have been a club gun so maybe it was misused, the cocking arm slammed back or something..

Thanks, I think David did some work on a piston extension for me before, he is a genius.

A kind member is sending me some parts so I'm going to have a go myself first. There is a very good YouTube video in English on stripping this pistol.

I can't work out how the little stamped steel tab broke off in the first place, I had thought these intricate but very well engineered pistols were bullet-proof so to speak.. the pistol must have been a club gun so maybe it was misused, the cocking arm slammed back or something..
    Trigger mechanism is not difficult it's more fidlythan difficult, I think. But if someone has had it apart before & put washers or anything else back wrongly or in wrong way it gets much harder. Assuming its been assembled correctly then put it all back EXACTLY as it came apart.
    Find the cause of the interupter breaking or it will do it again, very quickly when it's back together. ATB
    Last edited by trajectory; 05-01-2022 at 02:16 PM.

The anti bear trap usually breaks off when the seals and the bumper under the breech seal goes south and flattens out, so while you have it apart i would re-seal it as well, parts aren't too badly priced.

Quote Originally Posted by airgunwerks View Post
    The anti bear trap usually breaks off when the seals and the bumper under the breech seal goes south and flattens out, so while you have it apart i would re-seal it as well, parts aren't too badly priced.
    That is what some internet research told me, the repeated slamming causes a stress fracture. It's a shame that ordinary maintenance was not done or it would be fine.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 05-01-2022 at 06:12 PM.

Fwb pistol

DM80 on here might be worth asking, also I have had some success sourcing Fwb parts from a guy called Nikonos,(I think) on evil bay, think he is in Canada but sent me some bits no problem,
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    DM80 on here might be worth asking, also I have had some success sourcing Fwb parts from a guy called Nikonos,(I think) on evil bay, think he is in Canada but sent me some bits no problem,
    J.
    He seems to be the main dealer of FWB on the bay and has a good rep. Might got to him for the buffer & spring kit the machine undoubtedly needs as well. Thanks for the heads up.

If you want spares then waffen centre Gotha in Germany have most old FWB spares, but they’re not back online till the 15th.

https://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/shop/

Shipping’s gone up to £30 though.

Cheers,
    Matt

Alistair I'll put a spare buffer and seal in with the spares.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Alistair I'll put a spare buffer and seal in with the spares.
    Thanks, Danny I am in your debt!

One thing I would say is that be careful if you change the piston ring. They are easy enough to take off but since they are so thin & hard they are quite fragile & so need to be put on carefully as they can't tolerate much movement & can snap if not done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    One thing I would say is that be careful if you change the piston ring. They are easy enough to take off but since they are so thin & hard they are quite fragile & so need to be put on carefully as they can't tolerate much movement & can snap if not done correctly.
    I think it was wonky donky, or someone similarly knowledgeable about FWB springers, who said that in all his years of experience, he'd never come across a piston ring that was actually worn enough to need changing.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.