[QUOTE=trajectory;8106875]The Compact is a very capable pistol, but it's true it has its limitations in adjustability that the more modern (& expensive) match pistols have. That can be a bit of a disadvantage but it can also be an advantage too. The desire to tweek & adjust insessently in the pursuit of perfection can be a distraction in itself & can cause a dip in your average score thus unsettling you to the degree you might try further adjustments to get back to where you were. Whereas with a more basic bit of kit you struggle through concentrating on technique which usually pays dividends in the end. You have to persist with subtle changes to see the true effect.

This is very true, and I originally put in my reply if your Compact fits you, there will be very little benefit to the upgrade to a top end pistol (cost Vs scores) but I deleted it.

I've got arguably the best (one of) 10m match pistols you can buy, with the Steyr Evo10e, but after 3 years or so of use I'd reached a plateau and was unable to break through 550x600 with 546 frequently being my PB. I ended up getting the Walther LP400 as I'd had one before the Steyr and despite my reasons for selling it, I remembered it / I used to 'seem' to group tighter with it. My records show I wasn't as good back then (around the 525) and the Steyr had moved me on; although far more likely it was just better practice. Anyway, long story short, I shot them both at home on my 10m range to death during the lock down and my scores with both pistols were almost identical with less than 1% variation using my target score app. So in the end I read up on pistol shooting technique again, from the start with all the things I knew (natural alignment, breathing, position & hold etc etc) but this time I went back to the range and religiously stuck by them. Broke my PB straight off with my Steyr, I think from memory from 546 to 563,, and then I shot another series with the Walther and increased it to 569. The 573 came much later with the Steyr.
The point being it was me that was the barrier, not the pistol/s.