I picked up this Spanish break barrel when on offer recently by Pellpax. The usual RRP is claimed to be £244.95 and they were selling them for £84.99 plus £20 postage...It seemed rude not to buy myself one at that price. I will note my initial impressions here and update it as I use it more.....

(Please bear in mind I have only put about 100 shots through her so far)

Overview
- It is a long full sized break barrel, with a shallow and fairly straight stock (which makes it look even longer, but I think it looks quite smart)
- Unscoped the balance point is a little ahead of the trigger guard
- The open sights are cheap looking but work fine
- The metal work and wood finishes are great for the price paid (ok/good for a £250 rifle)

Cocking stroke
- It takes a bit of effort to cock the rifle, certainly not a junior rifle in size of effort
- The cocking has smoothed a little in use
- When first received, the last bit of the cocking stroke needed a bit of extra effort to ensure the safety engaged. When I later downloaded the manual it noted if the trigger was adjusted too light the safety engagement can be affected. It was quite light so I wound in the trigger tension screw a little and low and behold the safety now engages more readily

Firing cycle = jump, buzz, twang It seems a little better with lighter pellets. Maybe it will get smoother with use? Maybe it will need a fettle?

Trigger
- The trigger is meant to be a 2 stage trigger but at the current setting I can feel no stages
- As it is, it is an ok single stage trigger, certainly much better than I had a few years back on a Hatsan Stryker in .25"
- I am hopeful of being able to adjust it to my liking at some point in the future

I have mounted a scope and have been been trying several pellets in it whilst getting my eye back in as I have hardly been shooting during the pandemic.

Next I will try some proper accuracy testing, and to that end tonight I have cleaned the barrel ready to see what accuracy I can achieve with JSB exact express. It needed several pull throughs with oiled patches.

I will add to this review as I use her more.
Rich.