Thread: Nice serial number

Nice serial number

I wonder who originally owned this?

20220127_122432 by danger_mouse1964, on Flickr

I have just emailed Walther to see if this has had a notable owner or been used in any major competitions being numder 1, lets see if I get an answer.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Walther Numbers

You may not get a reply from Walther as its quite complex for them to trace, as manufacturing and marketing is at two different sites, Ulm and Arnsberg, and I know they are always very busy.

If not, I can tell you it's certainly not a prototype, or first off production, and your LG400 is unlikely to be anything special and would have almost certainly gone to a UK importer, unless its a grey import.

Walther numbering has always been a bit strange, generally just numbers with the initial number or numbers indicating the model, but again some variances. My LG400 was one of the first into the UK in 2011 the first year of production, and its number 40566 so probably 566'th made, maybe! My wife's LG400 from 2013 is 42589, and that is a one off special, a LG400 expert system in a Wood Junior stock, Walther have never made vast quantities of their match guns.

In recent years Walther changed the serial references to include prefix letters, I believe model specific, hence your is KBA, so yours is from recent years, and I suspect just luck on the number, could have been 0007, but still no significance!

My wife does have a pre production KK500 and that number is 500*** , while my KK500, a later 2019 one is KFA 21**

So an interesting number, but I doubt any significance other than just being lucky to get it, regardless they are a great rifle so enjoy it!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thank you Robin, thats an interesting read and now know I can enjoy it without wondering if I an shooting something that should be in a glass cabinet, many thanks.

I'm just wondering how long you will keep it before the next thing comes along
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Quote Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
    I'm just wondering how long you will keep it before the next thing comes along
    This one is staying, I wanted a FWB 500 ALU a couple of years ago and could never get one into the UK so gave up and did a bit of this and a bit of that but the 10m match rifle was always the one I wanted, now I have a rifle much better than the 500 ALU so it seems the wait was worth it

My first thought was that it needed an "M" at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Monco View Post
    My first thought was that it needed an "M" at the end.
    HAHA