Thread: The fun is in the details? Finishing off the CZ VZ35 display

The fun is in the details? Finishing off the CZ VZ35 display

Don’t know if it’s a curse but a new acquisition always entertains me for a while as I clean it, lube it and make sure it works. One of my favorite thinks to do with great examples is to case them. I always end up reading as much history about the gun as possible. The VZ35 was a military trainer for the VZ24 Mauser rifle, it shared some of its parts, like the bayonet ramp. There are VZ24 military parts out there given they made millions of these. My first buy was a period frog for my bayonet. Then a VZ24 period strap. All these had aged leather which is very cool. The next two addition from VZ24 surplus could have been on these trainers but mine were absent? The VZ24 had a front sight cover which is easily available. Used but easily blued to make it look right with my rifle. This I have seen on some VZ35s, the one pictured in the Blue Book has one. Lastly I added a VZ24 cleaning rod. Again was this on the original airgun? Obviously it’s useless but I have seen guns both ways. It is interesting that the bayonet has a internal hole drilled for the cleaning rod. Anyway had fun making a cool display piece for my April airgun show.

Last edited by 45flint; 01-02-2022 at 06:54 PM.

As always, very nice Steve. I did a “military air guns” display for my club open day last year, and the vz35 was very popular
    Morally flawed

That looks absolutely beautiful. I am sure it will be getting lots of attention come April, in fact I imagine you will be sick of telling admirers that it is not for sale.