Thread: Scope Mounts

Scope Mounts

Hello
    I have recently purchased a Steyr Challenge for HFT, advice please on suitable 1" scope mounts that wont cost a fortune! also medium or high? Thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by D@vid View Post
    Hello
    I have recently purchased a Steyr Challenge for HFT, advice please on suitable 1" scope mounts that wont cost a fortune! also medium or high? Thanks Dave
    Looks like it has a picatinny rail? I've got some new (but taken out of packet) sportsmatch 1" medium picatinny mounts- £20 posted any good to you? TO54Cs.

I have a Challenge too. Totally depends on what you are shooting and what you want to achieve. You said it's HFT so is that UKAHFT (45 yards) or further for regional rules? Do you have the Steyr rail (or any rail fitted), do you need to add MOA ?

If standard 45 yard HFT the old rule of thumb was low to the barrel but going slightly higher can push out your 'sweet spot'. Depends a bit on your ability to range find.

Need more info basically.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500