Thread: Card Payment providers for Rifle Clubs

Card Payment providers for Rifle Clubs

I would be interested to know which card payment systems (if any) that your club uses, e.g. SumUp, Zettel, Square etc., or bank provided. If you have had any difficulty or been refused the facility that too would be of interest.

Rutty

Our club decided to go down this route but so far our treasurer has been unable to get a card reader as the moment they know it is for a target shooting club (guns) he found that Bank policy did not allow one to be issued. He is still working on it but it does not look as simple as we all thought it was going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Our club decided to go down this route but so far our treasurer has been unable to get a card reader as the moment they know it is for a target shooting club (guns) he found that Bank policy did not allow one to be issued. He is still working on it but it does not look as simple as we all thought it was going to be.
    I have received a quite a number of responses from other forums and on social media. It seems that the most favoured provider is Square followed by Zettle. Some clubs also use Global Payment\Worldpay. The one to avoid seems to be Sumup, they have turned down or withdrawn the facility from some clubs although others report no issues.

Hope that this helps

Rutty

That is helpful - many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    I would be interested to know which card payment systems (if any) that your club uses, e.g. SumUp, Zettel, Square etc., or bank provided. If you have had any difficulty or been refused the facility that too would be of interest.

Rutty
    I sit on BASC Council and have recently raised this issue with them, they put out a questionnaire and discovered how big the problem is and are looking at how to solve it with relevant authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by gunshop View Post
    I sit on BASC Council and have recently raised this issue with them, they put out a questionnaire and discovered how big the problem is and are looking at how to solve it with relevant authorities.
    I don't like it any more than anyone else but you can't be suggesting that the BASC think there is an authority that can make a payment provider company work with a specific client... because if you are then that suggests a woeful lack of understanding of how the market works.

Swift might have some spare capacity available.

Quote Originally Posted by BRYAN3 View Post
    Swift might have some spare capacity available.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    I don't like it any more than anyone else but you can't be suggesting that the BASC think there is an authority that can make a payment provider company work with a specific client... because if you are then that suggests a woeful lack of understanding of how the market works.
    I'd assume it'll be similar to medcert etc that they recommend (but obviously not guarantee a favourable medical write up)- they'll get together a few payment providers that don't immediately refuse when they see the word "shooting" and guide members towards them as options.