Thread: Mystery foresight

Mystery foresight

Evening all. In my quest for my next ‘collectable’ BSA project I inadvertently acquired a Webley Hawk in a sorryish state, and it has this foresight fitted. I’ve started doing some homework on the rifle regarding parts etc’ and learned that it’s not the correct one for any of the three Mo’s so wondered if anyone might know what it’s from originally? Or maybe it’s a generic aftermarket replacement??

Pics here

https://imgur.com/a/aK94jnu

Any help appreciated.
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

I have just built up a Hawk and got a few new sights for them, which is the short ones on pic. Think I have seen the square type in your pic on a Spanish make rifle at some stage.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Agree. Looks too square to be a Webley.

Maybe a 50s/60s (but not 70s/80s) Gamo or Norica? Or something E European of similar vintage?

There have been some pictures of Osprey Supertargets with front sight bases with square features similar to that.

Found this thread now, with icture of a similar front sight:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....prey-foresight

This turned up with a google search, and is claimed to be a hawk mk3 sight:

So perhaps Webley fitted these front sights with square looking bases at some time to the Hawk and Osprey?
    Too many airguns!

Thanks for that. Maybe it is the right one for my Hawk mk3 after all then. Just surprised that they’d turn out something so bulky and hideous to grace the prow………
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

All the Osprey ST ones I’ve seen have the upper assembly/hood fitted with a big screw that isn’t present here.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    All the Osprey ST ones I’ve seen have the upper assembly/hood fitted with a big screw that isn’t present here.
    This is held in place with a long grub screw that goes down from within the hood and locates into a notch in the barrel. Will see if I can get a pic for illustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    But it seem like they still a similarly square looking base just with a target style sight on top.
    Too many airguns!