Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
I would very much appreciate photographs of any firearms made by George Jefferies, Robert Marrison and Darlow’s all these gunmakers occupied premises in Orford Hill Norwich.
I have some how developed a interest in this street mainly due to my collection, but by all accounts it has had a very interesting and tragic history which has fired up my interest, as also being a collector of early British air rifle and pistols George Jefferies was the father of Lincoln Jefferies so this was probably the start of my interest in Orford Hill Norwich.
Try having a look at family history and previous census returns. You may have to find someone who pays the subscription to someone like Ancestry.com. You could also do a google search.

I have a rifle made by a Scottish maker and I did a google search. It brought up the family tree, the date the gunmaker retired, newspaper adverts for his shop, which showed he had moved premises a couple of times. I also found him in the Post Office Directory of the day and adverts for his guns on places like Gunstar came up which illustrated the type and quality of he guns he made.