Thread: Aa khamsin butt pad

Aa khamsin butt pad

Hi guys, had an old rifle that i hadn't looked at for perhaps 8-10 years, thought that i would be hit with a sorry sight, it turned out to be way better than I remembered, memory told me a rather plain, blond stock, so the very tidy tiger striped thing that greated me, was a very nice surprize, however the poor old butt pad, has crumbled flat, so if anyone has a nice one going unused, and would like to sell/swap please pm me, I have loads of sights[ mostly hw's, plus 1 set Webley ]/silencers inc brand new Whisper's, in packing, gloss black jap glass scopes, and a few more modern, anyway thanks for looking. PS NOT LOOKING FOR ANY OTHER TYPE OF BUTT PAD,THANKS.

contact customstocks in Sheffield, they still have the original ones in stock, for a very reasonable fee they will fit it and refinish the stock.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Mine had done the same when i checked it last month, Totally deteriorated under the weight of the rifle, Just bought another pad. Have never seen that before, Replaced with a standard pad and not the perforated pad.

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    mine had done the same when i checked it last month, totally deteriorated under the weight of the rifle, just bought another pad. Have never seen that before, replaced with a standard pad and not the perforated pad.
    as you say colin,it's the first i have seen doing that,as if someone applyed heat to it, having had others [aa ], their pads never seem great, often looking the worst part of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    contact customstocks in Sheffield, they still have the original ones in stock, for a very reasonable fee they will fit it and refinish the stock.
    THANKS FOR THAT,LOOKS LIKE I'LL GET ONE OFF THEM, RE THE STOCK IS A CRACKER,AND ONLY 1 TINY MARK, I REMEMBERED IT AS ANOTHER ONE I HAD YEARS AGO,AND IT HAD A REALLY PLAIN BLOND STOCK, SO HAD A REALLY GOOD SURPRIZE WHEN I OPEN THE CASE, LOVELY WALNUT WITH LOADS OF VERY NICE TIGER STRIPE'S.