Thread: Norconia B36

Norconia B36

Managed to get free from my table at Kempton yesterday and buy one of these old German designed Chinese built rifles. I bought it because they seem very rare in UK, and find it lighter to hold than the Weihrauch HW77. Stripped it down today as it was was very, very dusty dry inside. Made up a new piston seal and transfer port barrel seal. Had just bought a new Vortek TX200 spring which fits nicely. Thought it was the same as the BAM/SMK DB4, but it turns out to be quite a bit different in many respects, I also have one of these in parts at the moment. Got a unique anti bear trap lever and safety incorporated in the trigger guard. Will assemble later and report on power and grouping tests. Will show how I made the polyurethane transfer port seal as these seem unavailable. Has anyone got one of these rifles ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Managed to get free from my table at Kempton yesterday and buy one of these old German designed Chinese built rifles. I bought it because they seem very rare in UK, and find it lighter to hold than the Weihrauch HW77. Stripped it down today as it was was very, very dusty dry inside. Made up a new piston seal and transfer port barrel seal. Had just bought a new Vortek TX200 spring which fits nicely. Thought it was the same as the BAM/SMK DB4, but it turns out to be quite a bit different in many respects, I also have one of these in parts at the moment. Got a unique anti bear trap lever and safety incorporated in the trigger guard. Will assemble later and report on power and grouping tests. Will show how I made the polyurethane transfer port seal as these seem unavailable. Has anyone got one of these rifles ?

Baz
    Dad bought one around 2005, we had an importer that had a lot of chinese guns.
    These were quite nice compared to the low end stuff like the B-2.
    There has been two versions, one with a longer stroke called the QB36-2
    Too many airguns!

Thanks for the info, not much in English on the interweb, this is the longer variant. Parts seem to be available in Europe or from Archerairguns the QB man.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD