Thread: Benjamin 2600 strip question

Benjamin 2600 strip question

Well I'm working on my Kempton purchase, a circa 1959 Benjamin 2600 CO2 pistol.

I've stripped most of it and successfully removed the valve after grinding some forceps to remove a circlip, But I can't see how to remove the valve body. I'm sure it must be 'pinned' by the transfer port. The barrel doesn't appear to be removable though, being held in place by a spot welded bracket.

Any early Benjamin experts around?

Steve.

The valve body is soldered in the gun and doesn't remove. As you no doubt have seen, the exhaust valve drops out once the circlip is out. It's a good idea to polish its seat before installing a new valve, to remove any dents or debris that could cause leakage. The barrel is indeed permanently attached. Here's a link to the manual/diagram:
    https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us...ual-1958-1960-

Don R.

Ah, thanks Don. Yes, I've removed the circlip and valve and thought the seat needed some attention. I should be able to clean it up a little instu hopefully.

cheers,
    Steve

One other potential issue - there's an O-ring seal at the front of the (non-removable) valve body, #2621 on the diagram. Usually this seal is okay, but occasionally it can leak. Replacing it is a nightmare both in removing and in wedging a new one into position. One gent I know made a tubular "hole saw" type cutter to carve out the old and a smooth-end tube to pound in the new.

I mention this only because it's a possible leak source after successful exhaust valve servicing.

Don R.

Quote Originally Posted by draitzer View Post
    One other potential issue - there's an O-ring seal at the front of the (non-removable) valve body, #2621 on the diagram. Usually this seal is okay, but occasionally it can leak. Replacing it is a nightmare both in removing and in wedging a new one into position. One gent I know made a tubular "hole saw" type cutter to carve out the old and a smooth-end tube to pound in the new.

I mention this only because it's a possible leak source after successful exhaust valve servicing.

Don R.
    OK thanks Don - I'll look out for that.