Thread: BSA piston wanted

BSA piston wanted

Hi all,
    I picked up a prewar BSA underlever action at Melbourne Airgun Fair recently. It has the tap and end cap and I have a spare stock and some parts.

I need a suitable piston: it’s a 43” rifle, fairly early, probably “ The BSA Air Rifle “. I also need the basic trigger with hook type catch. I plan to build a very low power bitsa rifle for quiet parlour use at home.

Any generic BSA prewar piston with rod and suitable trigger would do the job.

Cheers
    torrens

Quote Originally Posted by torrens View Post
    Hi all,
    I picked up a prewar BSA underlever action at Melbourne Airgun Fair recently. It has the tap and end cap and I have a spare stock and some parts.

I need a suitable piston: it’s a 43” rifle, fairly early, probably “ The BSA Air Rifle “. I also need the basic trigger with hook type catch. I plan to build a very low power bitsa rifle for quiet parlour use at home.

Any generic BSA prewar piston with rod and suitable trigger would do the job.

Cheers
    torrens
    I have a spare piston but not sure if its the one you need. I'll see if I can check this evening.

Edit: Sorry, I think the piston is for one of the longer rifles.

Steve
    Last edited by steve medlock; 23-03-2022 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks for the response Steve. I do have a .22 Long Tom and they certainly are a longer, heavier piston.
    It would probably be useable as it would yield quite a short stroke and low power ( and slo-o-o-w firing cycle !). I’ll wait and see if anyone else trips over a spare piston but it is an option.

Cheers
    torrens

Anyone got a trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by torrens View Post
    Thanks for the response Steve. I do have a .22 Long Tom and they certainly are a longer, heavier piston.
    It would probably be useable as it would yield quite a short stroke and low power ( and slo-o-o-w firing cycle !). I’ll wait and see if anyone else trips over a spare piston but it is an option.

Cheers
    torrens

Anyone got a trigger?
    The piston came in a box of parts from which I made up a 43" rifle. As you say though, the stroke was very short and didn't really do the rifle justice. Fortunately Protek had the right piston and so I was able to swop them over.