Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just in a Anschutz 275 rifle

Just in a Anschutz 275 rifle

A collection was being sold off so I grabbed this rifle since I have a Hakim and love the military trainers. Though this is the sports model it still has the action and made by a quality manufacturer. These I guess were made from 1955 to the 2000s? Would love to know what period you think this comes from? At this point I happy that it shoots and came with a pellet clip! Here are more pics that you need to look at! Lol

https://imgur.com/a/KTE9Q6S

Just in a Anschutz 275 rifle

Lovely condition mate ,great find , can you still get the 4.40 lead balls it shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Lovely condition mate ,great find , can you still get the 4.40 lead balls it shoots?
    Have some and a airgun shop here sells them. I have heard that the H&R Excite round balls currently sold are actually smaller that the 4.5 on the can and they will work?

Collectable airgunsJust in a Anschutz 275 rifle

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Have some and a airgun shop here sells them. I have heard that the H&R Excite round balls currently sold are actually smaller that the 4.5 on the can and they will work?
    Great, although old guns like that are good to own, it's even better to shoot them too.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Great, although old guns like that are good to own, it's even better to shoot them too.
    I would agree, they are very easy to cock with the bolt and you don’t have to pull the rifle down. Of course its not a powerhouse but true fun to plick.

B/a rifle find

Similar to the old Haenal fair ground B/A rifles devastating at 2 metres

Quote Originally Posted by metalmickey View Post
    Similar to the old Haenal fair ground B/A rifles devastating at 2 metres
    Sounds about right! Lol

I think its been said before but the 275 just like the Haenel 310 and 33 takes 4.4 round balls. Had some old stock H&N 4.4 which worked fine but now they aren’t made any more. Had some H&N Excites .177 copper coated lead bb’s and they work perfectly. Had the exact same Chrony reading as well. Got a container of 1500 Excites coming, that should last me a while.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I think its been said before but the 275 just like the Haenel 310 and 33 takes 4.4 round balls. Had some old stock H&N 4.4 which worked fine but now they aren’t made any more. Had some H&N Excites .177 copper coated lead bb’s and they work perfectly. Had the exact same Chrony reading as well. Got a container of 1500 Excites coming, that should last me a while.
    Same here, my 33 and a mates 49a work great with H&N Excites…. and don’t listen to reports of 2 meter maximum effective range. My mates were hitting tin cans at 35yds which was a pleasant surprise.

https://youtu.be/n8LFVJNEGCI

Enjoy,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Same here, my 33 and a mates 49a work great with H&N Excites…. and don’t listen to reports of 2 meter maximum effective range. My mates were hitting tin cans at 35yds which was a pleasant surprise.

https://youtu.be/n8LFVJNEGCI

Enjoy,
    Matt
    Bottom line is power really has little influence on fun! You show that well. You have to love the simple bolt action cocking that doesn’t wear you out.

Can anyone confirm if the 33 & 49a have rifled barrels please? I know the 275 has a rifled barrel but wondered about the others.

lovely rifle always fancied one

With any new rifle in I always try to improve the issues I find. This one had a dent in arm cover and a nasty screw next to it. Before and after:

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the 33 & 49a have rifled barrels please? I know the 275 has a rifled barrel but wondered about the others.
    I believe they do, I checked my 33 when I serviced it..that’s why they hold a bit of accuracy at longer ranges.
    The first part is smooth to accommodate the long probe/transfer port. That pushes the bb off the top of the magazine and down towards the rifled section of the barrel, while simultaneously building up air pressure behind it. It’s a thing of genius.

This is a test vid I made for an eventual 33 video, trying to demonstrate the mechanism:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLH1iIwB...dium=copy_link

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    I believe they do, I checked my 33 when I serviced it..that’s why they hold a bit of accuracy at longer ranges.
    The first part is smooth to accommodate the long probe/transfer port. That pushes the bb off the top of the magazine and down towards the rifled section of the barrel, while simultaneously building up air pressure behind it. It’s a thing of genius.

This is a test vid I made for an eventual 33 video, trying to demonstrate the mechanism:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLH1iIwB...dium=copy_link

Cheers,
    Matt
    Thanks Matt, I thought they were probably rifled too. I think I started off by shooting mine at around 5 yards or so, but increased it up to around 20 yards or so. Reckon I could just about cycle the bolt in around the same time as it took for the ball to reach the target, but hey, surprisingly accurate. Very well made too.

That floorplate looks better now.