Thread: Webley mk1 correct box?

Webley mk1 correct box?

I have a mk1 with THE WEBLEY "MARK 1" on the left side, birmingham 4 on the other so 1946-1958 I think,
    Box it is in has tiny c37 in the left bottom corner lable, it is the light blue box with birmingham 4 address and MARK 1 just near centre.

My issue is the box shows the older left side text with no "MARK1" etc. So box illustration does not match gun?

Wrong box???

Thanks
    John

C37 is the standard label code for the post war slant grip Mk.1 box with either B4 or B21 post codes.

I have three such boxes and all show the pistol with 'Air Pistol Mark 1' on the left side of the cylinder.

It is quite common for Webley box lid illustrations not to match the box contents. The Webley Junior is a classic example as many have the extended grip model illustrated on the box, with a standard grip model inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    C37 is the standard label code for the post war slant grip Mk.1 box with either B4 or B21 post codes.

I have three such boxes and all show the pistol with 'Air Pistol Mark 1' on the left side of the cylinder.

It is quite common for Webley box lid illustrations not to match the box contents. The Webley Junior is a classic example as many have the extended grip model illustrated on the box, with a standard grip model inside.
    Thank you