Thread: Any ideas or info on a rifle I've just aquired???

Any ideas or info on a rifle I've just aquired???

I was sold this as part of a deal on scrap airguns but I've not seen one like it before. It is a junior gun with a straight English stock. From the stock to the breech it is a Gem type, from the breech to the muzzle it's a Militia, with a side release button system. It addition, the trigger has an external leaf spring and a peg system that engages the piston through a hole in the main, spring chamber. If anyone can help with a maker, age or any information I would be very grateful.
    I would post some photos but after many years on this forum I still haven't mastered posting pictures. If someone would give me an idiots guide to posting photos I will have another go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob W View Post
    I was sold this as part of a deal on scrap airguns but I've not seen one like it before. It is a junior gun with a straight English stock. From the stock to the breech it is a Gem type, from the breech to the muzzle it's a Militia, with a side release button system. It addition, the trigger has an external leaf spring and a peg system that engages the piston through a hole in the main, spring chamber. If anyone can help with a maker, age or any information I would be very grateful.
    I would post some photos but after many years on this forum I still haven't mastered posting pictures. If someone would give me an idiots guide to posting photos I will have another go.
    Send me some pics Rob and I'll host them for you.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Rob's pics:

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Looks like the bottom one in this pic, auctioned by Holts in September 2020, but in much better nick apart from the missing rearsight:

Vintage Airguns Gallery

It certainly does, but I'm none the wiser as to its make?????

Quote Originally Posted by Rob W View Post
    It certainly does, but I'm none the wiser as to its make?????
    Langenhan perhaps? DCL Dave is the Gem expert.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery