Thread: Can yoh check your Diana 25's please

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Can yoh check your Diana 25's please

Recently, while thinking about buying a British made Diana 25, I was thinking about the markings. I know some of the early guns were like a cross over from the German made ones. Ive got one (with no visible date stamp on the stock) that has "British made" on the cylinder, rather than "Made in Great Britain". Id assumed this was to do with the festival of Britain in 1951. However someone recently told me they had a gun from 1954 that was stamped "British made".
    I am quite interested when the change over was made to " Made in Great Britain".
    If anyone can post up dates or their rifles and the cylinder stamping, we might be able to narrow it down to a few months.
    Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

My .177 25, serial no 2(?)5159 has 5 6 R on the butt, Diana Mod. 25, Made in Gt Britain, on the cylinder. Also has a 'half dumbbell' scope rail. Loverly little plinker!

HTH

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I am aware that you are specifically looking for data on the model 25 but I have models 16, 23 & 27 - all four models being manufactured in Motherwell from the early 50's to the 80's so I assume all models had their air cylinders stamped with the same information if made in the same year.

All three of mine are marked "Made in Great Britain"; the earliest is the mod 23 dated July' 56, the mod 27 is April '58 and the 16 is dated July '61 so it seems the change was made before 1956.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Just revisiting this after seeing Johns sales thread for a 27 https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...e-Pull-Trigger

Can we try to narrow down when they went from "British Made" to "Made in Great Britain" and if they went from the flat end cap to domed at the same time?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

My Milbro 27 dated "2 52" has "BRITISH MADE," a flat end cap, and the first-version German 2-stage trigger.