Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spot the Airgun

Spot the Airgun

Seems the prop department on the Mandalorian do love an airgun

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I bet a few of them still function.

The middle one on the left looks bizarrely like an Apache, but no one would use that as the base for a prop surely?
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    The middle one on the left looks bizarrely like an Apache, but no one would use that as the base for a prop surely?
    https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ll-air-pistol/

The pistol at top right of the second pic may have started life as an air pistol too, but I can't think what.
    Last edited by Garvin; 30-06-2022 at 03:12 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ll-air-pistol/

The pistol at top right of the second pic may have started life as an air pistol too, but I can't think what.
    If you meant top left I think it’s an acvoke isn’t it? It’s clearer in the first picture
    Morally flawed

No, top right, the one pointing downwards with aluminium 'silencer'...

Yes, well spotted, I think you're right, an Acvoke top left

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    No, top right, the one pointing downwards with aluminium 'silencer'...

That’s an Emge LP3a

There are two different Webley’s there as well

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    That’s an Emge LP3a

There are two different Webley’s there as well
    So there are! Bottom left and bottom middle of the top pic?
    Morally flawed

Yes definitely an Apache Fireball there's a pre war Webley Senior or Mark 1 also.

Surely top left is (started life as) a Tempest? Or possibly Hurricane.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    No clue + lots of money Jerry......

I did a few months contract at Pinewood in the 1990's working for a SFX firm on Eyes Wide Shut and Event Horizon, one scene was someone on a bit of spaceship floating off, and I was delivered the back end of a 1-11 jet and the artistic bod asked me if I could make burnt holes in it...I sweated for a day with a Oxy torch wrecking the thing as he said "wonderful keep it up!".

Then the remnants were bolted to some rams and the whole shebang put into a green background huge stuio for a maybe 10 second shot.

Another shot was someone looking out of a window, the shot pulls back and we see the spaceship torn in half.....probably 5 tons of wood and plastic to make a huge section that took weeks, again just for maybe a few seconds on screen.

The waste and time spent faffing about on the smallest thing is off the scale, so if a workshop can save hours by buying a load of weapons to ruin as they have the basis of a film prop, they don't bat an eyelid, air weapons are off ticket as well so easier and less hassle to bodge up I would hazard.

Anybody who knows about guns laughs at the various devices mocked up with gas fittings and cheap scopes stuff you see in films, but I suppose that's not an issue for the public.

ATB, Ed
    Last edited by edbear2; 01-07-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    No clue + lots of money Jerry......

I did a few months contract at Pinewood in the 1990's working for a SFX firm on Eyes Wide Shut and Event Horizon, one scene was someone on a bit of spaceship floating off, and I was delivered the back end of a 1-11 jet and the artistic bod asked me if I could make burnt holes in it...I sweated for a day with a Oxy torch wrecking the thing as he said "wonderful keep it up!".

Then the remnants were bolted to some rams and the whole shebang put into a green background huge stuio for a maybe 10 second shot.

Another shot was someone looking out of a window, the shot pulls back and we see the spaceship torn in half.....probably 5 tons of wood and plastic to make a huge section that took weeks, again just for maybe a few seconds on screen.

The waste and time spent faffing about on the smallest thing is off the scale, so if a workshop can save hours by buying a load of weapons to ruin as they have the basis of a film prop, they don't bat an eyelid, air weapons are off ticket as well so easier and less hassle to bodge up I would hazard.

Anybody who knows about guns laughs at the various devices mocked up with gas fittings and cheap scopes stuff you see in films, but I suppose that's not an issue for the public.

ATB, Ed
    Yes, come to think of it what I said was pretty stupid. It’s hardly going to have bust the budget, and it comes with a 1950s ray gun look built in

Plus i can now claim my collection includes a Star Wars laser pistol so that’s a bonus
    Morally flawed

Looking again at the pistol with the finned barrel I think it is a modified AR7 Explorer pistol, not the rifle version.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 03-07-2022 at 05:49 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

They would hardly have needed to do anything to this one.

Vintage Airguns Gallery

some nice guns there

I spent a couple of days at Pinewood film studios with a chap who was creating the futuristic guns. He was literally taking blank firing guns and rearranging bits, adding model kit part and all sorts. It was very satisfying finding the right bits to create the right look.