Thread: BSA Scorpion pistol (versus HW45)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An interesting and informative comparison, thank-you!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Scorpion

I've just bought a .22 (RB9608) non working from a dealer. Apart from the usual buffer washer mess the piston head had seized I got it out and turned it down with hand file and cordless drill until it all went back in and is now doing 5.5.
    Mine shoots high so I'm going to look into your pointers on the sights ( either that or shoot it at 30 yards) It now lives with my bought new .177.
    Good write up

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Most mornings I'll shoot 2 3 or 4 shots across my living room. If I haven't hit both spinners by the fourth shot I stop.

This morning with reasonable light in the room, no problem with the larger spinner - first time - but I just couldn't see the Scorpion's sights against the smaller spinner well enough. It would have been a 'Hail Mary' shot if I'd tried.

There's nothing wrong with the ordinary iron sights on the Scorpion, but it's really 'come to light' how good the glow sights are on the HW45, and the 'three-white-dot' sights on the CO2 gun.

I'm getting used to the Scorpion's super light trigger now. I suppose it's part of the fun of shooting to learn to use a block and tackle to trigger one of your guns and to blow on the trigger for one of the others. The Dianna Model 75 target rifle was the 'blow on it' job.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    you could buy BSA fibre optic sights; I retro fitted them to my scorpion for pistol HFT
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!

Glow sights and glasses and eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    you could buy BSA fibre optic sights; I retro fitted them to my scorpion for pistol HFT
    At the risk of losing your competitive edge, would you divulge your source of said fibre optic fore-sights and rear-sights? I'm sure I'd be able to shoot more accurately with the Scorpion if it had them. Shame it would be non-standard but that's how it goes. I'd keep the original sights and might even be able to buy an unmolested standard fore-sight element from the same place...

My eyes focus well enough for anything except reading. I use my computer monitor glasses for iron-sight shooting, these are different from my reading glasses. I'm seriously thinking abt asking the opticians for a pair of glasses that make the iron sights just a bit less in focus and the target just a bit more in focus. Probably useful for other purposes too. Cost? - I'd suggest a lot less than keen airgunners spend.

Another point is I am left eyed. Archers told me about this. You look at an object in the distance and form a mask with your hands allowing both eyes to see it. Then you move your hands so that only one eye can see the object. You will automatically select the eye that you are eyed. My right eye is fine but has astigmatism. Left eye almost none. That's lucky. Maybe I should nip down to Boots and try some non-prescription (not astigmatism corrected) el-cheapo glasses to see whether they might help with the iron sights - glowing or not.

Scope sights? That's cheating.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Scorpion pistol trigger adjustment

How?

I can't find an owner's manual or any info on the net but have read that the trigger is adjustable.

Can anyone send a link to the owners manual?

I can accept the trigger as it is, I'm doing well with it now, but it's just a bit too light for a pistol for me.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    when i bought the fibre optics, this was probably 15 years ago... im afraid i can't recall, but they might have been a bsa offering..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    How?

I can't find an owner's manual or any info on the net but have read that the trigger is adjustable.

Can anyone send a link to the owners manual?

I can accept the trigger as it is, I'm doing well with it now, but it's just a bit too light for a pistol for me.
    What series Scorpion do you have, PA RA PB RB ?
    They are all much the same but I have several different versions ranging from '73 to '77.
    I'll need an email address.