Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vote for hunting

Its not just aimed at fox hunting??? it also will affect any hunting with any dog so all you who like a mooch with any dog after a rabbit -rat will be stopped also -it will then move onto any form of hunting dogs- guns-traps etc It strange how some jump on the wagon about things i also say each to there own --but we really do need to stand together on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    My farmer won't have the hunt on his land. A few years ago they petrified his sheep.
    He must own his land ?
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Its not just aimed at fox hunting??? it also will affect any hunting with any dog so all you who like a mooch with any dog after a rabbit -rat will be stopped also -it will then move onto any form of hunting dogs- guns-traps etc It strange how some jump on the wagon about things i also say each to there own --but we really do need to stand together on this one
    Not sure where your coming from, the Hunting Act 2004 bans the hunting of wild mammals, notably, foxes, deer, hares and mink with dogs in England and Wales, so it's illegal anyway.

If food prices get too high and hard to get in shops especially with the way things are going, then hunting with a gun bunnies, pigeons or even squirrels on the table gives you that option. A ban on hunting with guns means being more reliant on supermarkets, you get only what they have. As much as most people don't like hunting with dogs especially Fox hunting on horse back, once that is banned then guns are in the firing line next.
    My Grandad during the war used to shoot rabbits pigeons etc with rifle and shotgun working on a local estate, had no problem feeding the family in hard times with rationing , he also had visitors from London who popped down in the countryside for rabbits and chickens which he sold to them. If times do get really hard food wise and you prefer to shoot targets than wildlife, which is a fair point, i am more of a target shooter in my old age, you cant eat paper targets but if need be provide food for the table.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    If food prices get too high and hard to get in shops especially with the way things are going, then hunting with a gun bunnies, pigeons or even squirrels on the table gives you that option. A ban on hunting with guns means being more reliant on supermarkets, you get only what they have. As much as most people don't like hunting with dogs especially Fox hunting on horse back, once that is banned then guns are in the firing line next.
    My Grandad during the war used to shoot rabbits pigeons etc with rifle and shotgun working on a local estate, had no problem feeding the family in hard times with rationing , he also had visitors from London who popped down in the countryside for rabbits and chickens which he sold to them. If times do get really hard food wise and you prefer to shoot targets than wildlife, which is a fair point, i am more of a target shooter in my old age, you cant eat paper targets but if need be provide food for the table.
    Do you think that we are in a survival situation yet and how far off are we that the supermarkets can't offer food? If not, when do you think it will happen? and would meat be the answer to food shortage in an over populated country?

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Do you think that we are in a survival situation yet and how far off are we that the supermarkets can't offer food? If not, when do you think it will happen? and would meat be the answer to food shortage in an over populated country?
    Remember i started my reply with IF, may not even happen but who knows in this world of covid that just happened as it did, how quick that came about and panicking in the shops over toilet roll etc, we live in a mad world, what next, i wouldn't know even you or anyone else, better to be safe and prepared than sorry, just in case. In a real food crisis i would worry more about myself and family not the population, you eat what you can eat, make your own stuff until times get better. As with restrictions in this situation most probably the law would go out of the window.

Remember i started my reply with IF, may not even happen but who knows in this world of covid that just happened as it did, how quick that came about and panicking in the shops over toilet roll etc, we live in a mad world, what next, i wouldn't know even you or anyone else, better to be safe and prepared than sorry, just in case. In a real food crisis i would worry more about myself and family not the population, you eat what you can eat, make your own stuff until times get better. As with restrictions in this situation most probably the law would go out of the window.
    You are quite right these are very uncertain times we’re all living in, who knows what’s round the corner!
    Regards Graham

Signed.

As much as most people don't like hunting with dogs especially Fox hunting on horse back, once that is banned then guns are in the firing line next.
    That was banned in 2004
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right.

i have signed

Ladies and gentlemen.

This is a wide topic and covers areas that one may agree with and others you may not. The subject is general principle and not all hunting is for fun.

The pest control side of hunting is an economic cost that affects the amount of product that goes to market and therefore the cost.

Personally - I dislike fox hunting with hounds as I feel its a load of yohas charging around and is probably the most inefficient method of fox control available. Nonetheless.... the way it was done was not right like so many things Blair did.

We are in a position where maximising our production capability is pretty essentilal yet the new GLs have made it stupidly difficult to do this job which will cost us even more. There is a balance to be acheived but the new GLs have gone the wrong side of sensible.

If you dont do pest control then fine. If you want to shoot paper thats also fine. I do both but I dont get on my moral high horse and tell benchresters I dont agree with it. I certainly dont appreciate paper only boys telling me what to do either.

I dont know anyone I shoot with who does pest control for "FUN" and it pisses me off when people focus on an almost non existent element.

The hunting I do is to control a pest and if its possible to get it into the food chain then thats a whammy.

This thread was posted with the simple request to sign a petition to support an important element of the shooting community in the UK and europe. If the shooting community had any sense of cohesion - we wouldnt be in the lead ban fiasco we face now

It wasnt an invite to fly your flag for or agaist. So put your handbags down and start another thread of its such a big isdue for you.

I have no issue with folks expressing views but please do so on another thread and please focus simply on the petition on this thread.

Many thanks
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen.

This is a wide topic and covers areas that one may agree with and others you may not. The subject is general principle and not all hunting is for fun.

The pest control side of hunting is an economic cost that affects the amount of product that goes to market and therefore the cost.

Personally - I dislike fox hunting with hounds as I feel its a load of yohas charging around and is probably the most inefficient method of fox control available. Nonetheless.... the way it was done was not right like so many things Blair did.

We are in a position where maximising our production capability is pretty essentilal yet the new GLs have made it stupidly difficult to do this job which will cost us even more. There is a balance to be acheived but the new GLs have gone the wrong side of sensible.

If you dont do pest control then fine. If you want to shoot paper thats also fine. I do both but I dont get on my moral high horse and tell benchresters I dont agree with it. I certainly dont appreciate paper only boys telling me what to do either.

I dont know anyone I shoot with who does pest control for "FUN" and it pisses me off when people focus on an almost non existent element.

The hunting I do is to control a pest and if its possible to get it into the food chain then thats a whammy.

This thread was posted with the simple request to sign a petition to support an important element of the shooting community in the UK and europe. If the shooting community had any sense of cohesion - we wouldnt be in the lead ban fiasco we face now

It wasnt an invite to fly your flag for or agaist. So put your handbags down and start another thread of its such a big isdue for you.

I have no issue with folks expressing views but please do so on another thread and please focus simply on the petition on this thread.

Many thanks
    well said

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    well said
    Agreed
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    Signed Atb mick
    Would have done, but no.

The site wants to know my inside leg measuremt and wants permission to send crap to my e-mail address.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2