Thread: "Once in a lifetime Enfield" Indeed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You go on the auction price from Holts, around 800 quid but certainly “used”. Mint ???!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Looks amazing !!
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

I would think it would bring in a fair sum of money. I know a shop that wants around £1200 for smokepoles that have rust on the exterior, pits in the barrel and knocks and dents on the woodwork, and, in some case, worn rifling. And they sell!!!

The place I am referring to buy their guns from auctions and sell them at twice the price they paid for them. I've seen what they were bought for, and later, the sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
    I would think it would bring in a fair sum of money. I know a shop that wants around £1200 for smokepoles that have rust on the exterior, pits in the barrel and knocks and dents on the woodwork, and, in some case, worn rifling. And they sell!!!

The place I am referring to buy their guns from auctions and sell them at twice the price they paid for them. I've seen what they were bought for, and later, the sale price.
    If it's the same place I am thinking of a friend of mine did a straight swap with a cased Colt Model 1849 Pocket pistol, all matching, correct accessories but dubious case for a ... Get this... Un-named smooth-bore musket of mixed parentage with a tapered, almost blunderbuss style barrel, around .45 cal in the bore. It was a wall-hanger at the very most and a scrapper at the very least. We (4 of us) all advised against it but he went ahead anyway.... Bloody fool. I watched the companies web-site for a good 12 months but the Colt didn't appear.

edbear2 Guest
    And this is how they were shipped...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...logy-1.4954444

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    And this is how they were shipped...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...logy-1.4954444

ATB, Ed
    That is interesting about the crate.

Do you happen to know where I can get the dimensions for the shipping crate that Singer treadle sewing machines were sent out in?

Its worth a try.

What impresses me is that you are going to shoot it. Too many cabinet queens & wall hangers not getting used as intended is a bloody tragedy in itself. Good on you sir.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Yeah well, that was what they were intended for.

Have tried reading up and asking around. A picture is starting to emerge at least.