Thread: Setra help needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Setra help needed

OK so I now have resealed my 1st setra, (innova pump head LOL) it has a blow off valve that is all working.
    However problem is that not all the air is dumped on the first shot, ok so would seem the hammer spring has been shortened so...storger hammer spring??

The issue is that the bolt is already very hard to cock with current hammer spring !! more so than any other gun I owned.. is this normal for Setras ???

ta
    John

The hammer spring was probably shortened to keep the power uk legal especially if it's a .22.

Is the bolt screw that cocks the hammer screwed in enough? Compressing the valve spring in a vice may help with the retaining air without adding a firmer hammer spring.

have you chron'd it

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    have you chron'd it
    Yep, all controllable via blow off, but want it dumping in one really,, but are they normally a hard cocker??

The Setra I bought new in 1983 had the hammer Spring shortened by the importer so that you got two sub 12 ftlb shots per pumping.
    The second shot was nowhere near the power of the first, so when the Setra was tested in Airgunworld they gave a pumping plan to keep it at the power of the first shot --- basically you were trying to keep the pressure at the same level in the valve for every shot.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    The Setra I bought new in 1983 had the hammer Spring shortened by the importer so that you got two sub 12 ftlb shots per pumping.
    The second shot was nowhere near the power of the first, so when the Setra was tested in Airgunworld they gave a pumping plan to keep it at the power of the first shot --- basically you were trying to keep the pressure at the same level in the valve for every shot.

All the best Mick
    Thanks all, but can you confirm if they are hard to cock regardless 😊😂👍

the setra is a copy of the thumb safety sheridan and as sucg may have an over size hammer spring coupled with an over size valve spring
    i suspect some of the cocking force is down to hammer cant

Being a copy of a Sheridan they should feel similar to cock. So no they shouldn't be hard to cock.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsquad View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hellsquad View Post
    With the chopped hammer Spring it wasn't that hard to cock compared to a full length Spring.

All the best Mick