Thread: FOR SALE: 2 Webley Junior .177 air pistols -please read for details.

FOR SALE: 2 Webley Junior .177 air pistols -please read for details.

I have recently acquired these pistols in part exchange. Details as follows:

PISTOL 1. I believe that this is pre war. It has a serial number J1100 and the number 100 on the front of the cylinder. The marking on one side as follows:

The Webley Junior .177
    Patented in Great Britain No. 219872 MADE IN ENGLAND
    And all principal countries.

This pistol has wooden grips.

On the other side:
    Webley and Scott Ltd BIRMINGHAM & LONDON

PISTOL 2.
    Has Bakelite grips with Webley Markings
    On one side
    THE WEBLEY JUNIOR .177
    WEBLEY & SCOTT Ltd. BIRMINGHAM 4
    MADE IN ENGLAND
    The number on the end of the cylinder is 370

I would describe the condition of both pistols as 'average' with rust on both . The spring loaded barrel catches work properly and both pistols cock and fire. I don't have any boxes or printed instruction material for either pistol
    I have very limited expertise with Webley pistols and am not a collector so I would like them to go to a good home for an enthusiast to enjoy.

Pricing is difficult but I'll make a stab and offer each pistol for £125 plus post. If I am materially wrong no doubt someone will tell me especially if these prices are too low!! If you are interested but feel my prices are too high then please feel free make an offer.

Pics will follow very soon even if they sell in the meantime.

Thanks for reading.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

-I appear only to be able to attach pics to threads posted on the sales section. This I have done so please pop over and have a look.

Hi , I'd like to buy the one with wood grips please pm to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Epicyclic View Post
    Hi , I'd like to buy the one with wood grips please pm to follow
    You jammy bu**er Richard.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks for that. Wood grip one sold to Richard. who has a PM.

Bakelite grip postwar model still for sale.

Having just been informed by a reliable source that I underpriced the wood grip variant I'm surprised that the bakelite version is still unsold!!
    TTT for a new week.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Having just been informed by a reliable source that I underpriced the wood grip variant I'm surprised that the bakelite version is still unsold!!
    TTT for a new week.
    I sold a boxed one in excellent condition pistol and box 3 years ago for the same price.

Thanks for your comments. Basically anyone interested has been invited to make an offer if they think I'm asking too much.

The price of the remaining pistol is now £75 posted.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 24-08-2022 at 08:39 AM.

Having taken advice from Webley pistol experts-thanks you know who you are-I have reduced the price of this item to £75 posted. If it doesn't sell I'm happy to keep it.
    I've always been wary of 'valuation please' threads as you will either get an over estimate from someone who already owns a similar item or an under-estimate from an interested but undisclosed buyer. My experience on this sale has made me much more tolerant of such threads although if you know experts personally it is as well to seek their advice.

I asm clearly not getting the pricing right on this pistol.
    I am reducing the price to £65 posted but if anyone wants to make an offer please feel free to do so. This is a nice fully working classic air pistol. It shows current signs of age but could be refinished to make it look fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I asm clearly not getting the pricing right on this pistol.
    I am reducing the price to £65 posted but if anyone wants to make an offer please feel free to do so. This is a nice fully working classic air pistol. It shows current signs of age but could be refinished to make it look fantastic.
    May be interested but cant find the sales thread or pictures ???

Quote Originally Posted by slim63 View Post
    May be interested but cant find the sales thread or pictures ???
    Try this link

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...ase-read-below

Sale now withdrawn in favour of a sale for charity. Please see the sales section for details.