Thread: Frank Korn (Frakor)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rest in peace Frank. Frank helped me many times with repairing and improving my springers. I also bought my Crosman Trapmaster via Frank, and it was nice to meet him.

I unfortunately knew Frank only slightly, mostly through our mutual friend Gaines Blackwell in Alabama. But always a supremely knowledgeable and helpful gentleman! It's hard to imagine his collection of European airguns has any peers. His loss is like the proverbial library burning down.

A loss to the vintage airgun community. I eagerly read and really enjoyed his very interesting posts and photos of his collecton. His vintage airgun tastes were impeccable. Fairly recently he purchased a Bsa Junior from me and when chatting, it turned out I had sent him a Meteor Cadet to Holland about 20 years ago too. International postage was a lot of phaff back then, but he patiently guided me through what seemed a major undertaking and I remember thinking what decent chap he was all those years ago..
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    A loss to the vintage airgun community. I eagerly read and really enjoyed his very interesting posts and photos of his collecton. His vintage airgun tastes were impeccable. Fairly recently he purchased a Bsa Junior from me and when chatting, it turned out I had sent him a Meteor Cadet to Holland about 20 years ago too. International postage was a lot of phaff back then, but he patiently guided me through what seemed a major undertaking and I remember thinking what decent chap he was all those years ago..
    Morgan many years ago I sent Frank this AA Carmargue that you see here on the wall (middle, bottom) with stock attached, in one piece. I packed it really well but somehow - and I never understood how - the trigger was bent almost closed! The trigger guard was still on it and, like the rest of the rifle, untouched. A complete mystery! Fortunately Frank managed to straighten it pretty well. He didn't say if the box was damaged.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Sorry to hear that Frank has passed away. I knew Frank in person, a very kind person and recently had the opportunity to admire his beautiful collection. Rest in peace Frank.

I never got to know Frank but have seen plenty of pictures of his collection.

It is a sad loss to lose an air gun enthusiast of this magnitude.

I hope there is provision for the air rifles to go to a museum or is maintained as the collection now stands.

I don't like saying r i p so I'll just say.

May all your pellets now have angel wings Frank.
    Hw77+7

Just came across these which Frank sent me:

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.