Thread: BSA Meteor Carbine?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSA Meteor Carbine?

Hi,

I am currently at work so I am restricted as to what I can search for! So does anyone know if BSA made the Meteor as a carbine? In particular a MK4 (one piece cocking arm) and did they also make a tapering stock or indeed any stock other than the 70's slab styled thing that I nearly always see? Lastly.... was any of this done in .177?

I have seen a Meteor with a nice stock but cant access the pic which is driving me nuts. Thanks for any help... daydreaming about Meteors...

And... (this is the initial reason for my post), the grooves for a telescopic rife are well cut into all of my Meteors which help hold scope mounts no problem. Were these decently cut grooves ever done on either an Airsporter or a Mercury?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Hi,

I am currently at work so I am restricted as to what I can search for! So does anyone know if BSA made the Meteor as a carbine? In particular a MK4 (one piece cocking arm) and did they also make a tapering stock or indeed any stock other than the 70's slab styled thing that I nearly always see? Lastly.... was any of this done in .177?

I have seen a Meteor with a nice stock but cant access the pic which is driving me nuts. Thanks for any help... daydreaming about Meteors...

And... (this is the initial reason for my post), the grooves for a telescopic rife are well cut into all of my Meteors which help hold scope mounts no problem. Were these decently cut grooves ever done on either an Airsporter or a Mercury?
    I don’t know about the more recent Gamo versions, but the Meteor wasn’t supplied as a carbine. The non-S stocks tend to taper nicely. You may find some pics of a carbine Meteor in a nice stock if you search Louis Van Houvel’s posts (must check spelling on Louis’s surname). I’ve got a maple Meteor stock that came from Louis.

Thanks for that Lightening. I think that maybe the stock type I am thinking of. Bloody work block anything related to stocks, guns etc but Airgunbbs no problem. I will look it up this evening. Thank you

bsa met .177

Hi i have one brum model in .177 carbine,think it's a mk5-6, fitted with the barrel weight and bsa screw in silencer, also fitted with the articulated cocking arm,. seems it's the mk6 just looked on chambers for parts, a new barrel £87 odd quid, how can they justify that price.
    Last edited by basa; 25-03-2022 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks Basa, they do exist then! I thought the long hours at work were driving me nuts.... another to look up. Thsnk you

Does anyone know if an Airsporter ever got decent grooves?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post

Does anyone know if an Airsporter ever got decent grooves?
    Apart from the ones with the max grip rail, I don’t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by basa View Post
    Hi i have one brum model in .177 carbine,think it's a mk5-6, fitted with the barrel weight and bsa screw in silencer, also fitted with the articulated cocking arm,. seems it's the mk6 just looked on chambers for parts, a new barrel £87 odd quid, how can they justify that price.
    Yup, seems like the only factory delivered meteor carbines were on the Mk6.
    I'm trying to find one of the BSA muzzle weights so I can recreate the carbine.
    Too many airguns!

Is the Mk6 a Gamo? I think I will try and find a Mk4 and make a carbine as I already have a barrel and stock from GGGR years ago. Love these little guns (will now Google the MK6 carbine), Thanks Guys