Thread: Feinwerbau 65

Feinwerbau 65 wanted

I have a fancy for one of these and have placed a wanted ad but was hoping for a little advice as to what to look out for, which model is best and most importantly what sort of money I need to pay for a boxed minter? Also, are there any 65 gurus out there who can service/repair one if necessary?
    Last edited by Dodder; 02-09-2022 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodder View Post
    I have a fancy for one of these and have placed a wanted ad but was hoping for a little advice as to what to look out for, which model is best and most importantly what sort of money I need to pay for a boxed minter? Also, are there any 65 gurus out there who can service/repair one if necessary?
    These are probably my favourite 'modern' air pistols. Boxed minters have become quite thin on the ground, despite a huge number having been made, but generally when they come up they have been well looked after and will work perfectly for many years.

Good ones often seem to sell for £300+. I used to buy them on eGun.de but it's hard to get them posted here since we left the EU.

There are several UK gunsmiths who are expert in these models.

You should try and get one in a blue-lined presentation case if possible. My collection:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ion/#post-1590

An article I wrote:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....-65/#post-1581
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Wow! That really is some collection you have! Many thanks for the info that was just the sort of thing I was after - now comes the hard bit, finding a nice example! ��

If possible, check the colour of the seals, if it has white seals these are probably the original seals which will need replacement, blue seals were the next type that were supplied, the latest seals are green and cost approximately £101-00 a set including shipping, when purchased from Feinwerkbau main agent in Germany.
    These are not very difficult, someone with an engineering background, and a digital camera to photograph each stage, will not have any problems replacing these seals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    If possible, check the colour of the seals, if it has white seals these are probably the original seals which will need replacement, blue seals were the next type that were supplied, the latest seals are green and cost approximately £101-00 a set including shipping, when purchased from Feinwerkbau main agent in Germany.
    These are not very difficult, someone with an engineering background, and a digital camera to photograph each stage, will not have any problems replacing these seals.
    Or you can get green seals from Waffencenter Gotha for 40 euros plus shipping.

https://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/sh...14_88_304.html

If you want to try to change them yourself, see:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....-65/#post-3902
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Big thanks again gents - great info - just need to find one now... 🤔

I have one in excellent condition, but cant mail it from here, customs would keep it!

Quote Originally Posted by airgunwerks View Post
    I have one in excellent condition, but cant mail it from here, customs would keep it!
    Tease me why don't you! 😁

They are a joy to shoot. Very accurate, and power for 6m and 10m target shooting. The big thing is they show how difficult target pistol shooting is, and its not because of the gun, just you.

Absolute minters deservedly demand a premium price, but there are plenty in excellent condition that are just great value. If well looked after no reason they shouldn't keep their value. Just get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    They are a joy to shoot. Very accurate, and power for 6m and 10m target shooting. The big thing is they show how difficult target pistol shooting is, and its not because of the gun, just you.

Absolute minters deservedly demand a premium price, but there are plenty in excellent condition that are just great value. If well looked after no reason they shouldn't keep their value. Just get one.
    I am trying! 😁

Tease me why don't you! 😁
    Provided you are ready for a possible fight with customs, which you will win so long as the paperwork has been correctly done, you could import one. There is no way on gods earth they could be made to do more than 6ftlbs

Of course you do have to be ready to stand your ground in case you get a customs officer who thinks anything gun shaped is illegal, and it being customs they do think they can invent the law, but so long as the shipper hasn’t tried to be “helpful” by describing it as “commercial sample value $10” you’d get it eventually
    Morally flawed

Fwb 65

If you are still looking for a FWB 65 I have one that is in pristine, unmarked condition in its original box with instruction book and accessories and it has had little use.

It was originally owned by a local gun club target shooter who sadly died a few years ago and I bought it from his widow but I already had a FWB pcp so I didn't actually use the 65. The original owner was basically a prone .22RF shooter who only bought it in the expectation of doing match air pistol shooting as a second competition discipline but it never got a lot of use.

Contact me if you are interested.

Aubrey