Thread: Another FLZ “FAVORIT XX” comes back in the time machine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another FLZ “FAVORIT XX” comes back in the time machine

Saw this rifle (lowest one in the pic) in a auction and they said the only markings on the rifle were “FAVORIT XX”. Not sure that meant that much to too many people over here. Didn’t seem like much competition for it? FLZ has become a collecting “favorite” of mine partly because they are fairly obscure and not much is really written about the company. The company used many names to market its airguns This example of the XX was so interesting to me in that it is a further evolution of the rifle from my first example. The quality of this rifle is superb. Bluing and machining excellent, as good as any prewar example I have. This one given its great condition really shows it off. Look at the fine machining of the sights. The little bead on the front sight is amazingly small and perfect. My earlier Favorit XX had the, common for the time, trigger guard screw trigger adjuster. I could be wrong but there is a screw on top of the rear of the tube which may be for that purpose? I think I have seen other rifles with the trigger adjustment there? I could be totally wrong on this. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Bottom line its a hoot to have this example. I received it today and I’m off tomorrow so no time to do anything but clean it up and shoot some pics. There is a #36 under the barrel, only number I can find. Its a 22 caliber.

https://imgur.com/a/wMxTiRX

Here is my earlier example of the Favorit XX that I have already posted:

https://imgur.com/a/GWmcpHw
    Last edited by 45flint; 10-09-2022 at 02:19 AM.