Thread: Hammerli Single / Master - Remove trigger group

Hammerli Single / Master - Remove trigger group

Hi folks,
    I don't have a great deal of experience with these (read none!), and I would like to remove the rigger group from my Single / Master.
    I could just take a punt and remove what would appear to be the correct screws, but I thought it best to ask for advice on how to proceed.

If anyone can give me some pointers, I would greatly appreciate it.

The reason for my question is that I purchased a Single which I couldn't get to work (enormous gas leak from everywhere, barrel, trigger... it was massive!).
    Mark fixed me up with a new/old stock valve (and I am eternally, and greatly appreciative for that Mark!).

Anyhow... the new valve reduced the leak, but it still leaked out of the trigger area. First pull of the trigger expended ALL of the gas in the cylinder.
    So... I managed to get another Hammerli (a Master in much better condition!), and I now need to scrap the previous Single (Australian license regulations).
    So I want to take whatever parts I can salvage from the Single, for future use if needs be.

Hope that makes sense!

Regards folks,
    Mike

Totally straightforward, the two screws you are surely looking at will remove the trigger casing with its contents. Nothing falls out or flies away. You'll first want to remove the obvious spring forward of the casing that pushes against the pop-up tap detent.

Don R.

Hi Don,
    Thanks a million for that information!

Quote Originally Posted by draitzer View Post
    Totally straightforward, the two screws you are surely looking at will remove the trigger casing with its contents. Nothing falls out or flies away. You'll first want to remove the obvious spring forward of the casing that pushes against the pop-up tap detent.

Don R.

Smile

Hi Mike

This is the spring Don refers to. To take out the hammer and spring, you need to remove both cocking knobs. They come out anti clockwise. You may need to hold them in a padded vice to get them moving.

[IMG]DSC00609 by davismark634, on Flickr[/IMG]

Take down photo

[IMG]` by davismark634, on Flickr[/IMG]

When you rebuild the Master try it out with out putting the action back in the frame, easier to see and hear any issues. Once it's gas tight you can put it back in the frame.
    When tightening the frame to the action, top tip! Check the pop up loading tap moves up and down without binding, sometimes you have to move the frame back or forward a fraction to allow the tap to move freely, so dont tighten fully until the tap goes up and down without binding.Then you can nip it up tight.