Thread: HW55TF info/opinion please

HW55TF info/opinion please

Thanks for looking. Of interest to collector maybe. Never seen one in hand before 1962/3 apparently. No barrel latch. Seem F indicates automatic lock or "ordinary" as we say.
    Quite good for it's age and needs a bit of work. What's sensible to pay? https://photos.app.goo.gl/eHZh4EGpsSrvsXRC7

Good find DJ

A Hw55TF the stock looks to be beech, a pre screw in end block model, rekord trigger unit and a barrel sleeve.

Although not of the same pedigree as a 55T

One for the collector and value is in the eye of the buyer £275 upwards.
    Hw77+7

The HW55T is often thought to be one of the most attractive air rifles ever made, so I would say over £300. The TFs were made without the barrel lock as a 'budget' version of the flagship match rifle, but the lockup is still very good. I used to have a mid-50s one of these. The trigger block does screw in - it's just got a machined band on it showing it's an early one.

Interesting to see this one actually marked 'HW55TF'. I think all the TFs I've seen were just marked 'HW55T'.

PS. I'm not sure it's beech. They are usually stained pretty dark. Could it be a very plain walnut?
    Last edited by Garvin; 16-09-2022 at 05:42 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

55tf

A posh version of a HW50. Very nice I must say. Mach 1.5

I agree with Garvin's pricing. I guess the standard lever-locked HW 55 is more attractive to a target shooter, but any of the "F" variants are quite rare and desirable rifles to a collector. I've been looking for one for years - quite rare here in the US.

I've had a chance to examine a near-identical gun owned by a friend: beech Tyrolean stock with finger-groove fore end, auto breech detent, and marked "TF" on the breech block. What an interesting combination of features!
    Last edited by MDriskill; 18-09-2022 at 06:32 PM.