Thread: Webley Mark III

Webley Mark III

Looking to sell my beloved Webley Mark III air rifle.
    It was made with no scope ramp, so i assume early.
    Thick creamy blueing and beautiful walnut stock.
    Suggestions on pricing please.

A bit more description would help, serial no. does it have a fluted stock, a 2 or single stage trigger, which loading tap? - knowing this would help to pin down the year/value. Best of all, pictures.
    The scope rail was introduced in 1961, I think.

HTH

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Will do

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    A bit more description would help, serial no. does it have a fluted stock, a 2 or single stage trigger, which loading tap? - knowing this would help to pin down the year/value. Best of all, pictures.
    The scope rail was introduced in 1961, I think.

HTH

Bru
    Images on the thread somewhere.

I'd guess this dates from around 1959 based on the serial number and a fading memory of facts that I probably should not rely on without checking Chris Thrale's excellent book on Webley Air Rifles.

It's been a while since I last sold or bought a Mk 3 but I'd estimate value at around £165.

Probably best to wait for others to provide a value too in case my estimate is out.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Just had a quick look at Thrale's, serial number places it as a Series 4 between 1957 & early 1961. As for the value, I'm out of touch. Have a look at dealer prices. At a guess, they'll offer you 33-50% of what they'll put on the ticket price.
    In a private sale, you'll probably get 50-75% of the dealer full price.

I've got a similar condition/age Mk 3, SN 30128. It will be the last gun I sell.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.