Thread: BSA scorpion rearsight

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

BSA scorpion rearsight

I've a .177 scorpion here that's somehwat tatty but works fine, however it's missing it's rearsight.
    I have a few spare BSA rearsights, but they all have the "pip" on the underside, just in front of the elevation adjuster. The scorpion has no provision for this pip.

Do I drill a small hole in the cylinder to correspond with the pip (my preference, as it's more secure way to moutn it), or file the pip off the rearsight ?

NB The cylinder is really quite tatty, and I actually think the rearsight is worth more than the cylinder !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Personally, I would remove the pip.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I would be tempted to drill a small hole, otherwise there is only a single screw fixing and the sight can move.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I've a .177 scorpion here that's somehwat tatty but works fine, however it's missing it's rearsight.
    I have a few spare BSA rearsights, but they all have the "pip" on the underside, just in front of the elevation adjuster. The scorpion has no provision for this pip.

Do I drill a small hole in the cylinder to correspond with the pip (my preference, as it's more secure way to moutn it), or file the pip off the rearsight ?

NB The cylinder is really quite tatty, and I actually think the rearsight is worth more than the cylinder !
    I' tempted to say modify the most common part to fit the rare part, which probably means modifying the rear sight.

But which generation is it? The one with the meteor mk4 sight or the mk5 sight?
    Too many airguns!

thies scorpion cylinder is defintely worth very little - I have a couple spare (cylinders), and they are all tatty. plus I agree with TS; it's not going to be very secure without the pip..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

What I'm trying to say is that if its the latest meteor/supersport rear sight, I might have an extra sight base in my BSA spares box with the "pip" already broken off...
    Too many airguns!

Ok, i get you.. let me do a piccy...

Too many airguns!

the ones I have spare are the more modern ones in the second link (with the pip). never seen that older type fitted to a scorpion ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    the ones I have spare are the more modern ones in the second link (with the pip). never seen that older type fitted to a scorpion ?
    o

The older ones were used on the mk1, i've fitted one of the later ones on a mk1 myself, and removed the "pip".
    Found one of the newer bases with the broken pip in my spares, so PM me your address
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    o

The older ones were used on the mk1, i've fitted one of the later ones on a mk1 myself, and removed the "pip".
    Found one of the newer bases with the broken pip in my spares, so PM me your address
    Cool, thanks, least I can try it out and see if it stays put
    but won't that be a bit expensive from Norway ?