Thread: Lucznik 187

Lucznik 187

Got a rusty one of these I am refurbing for next Kempton show. Don't know much about them, seem very well made and built like a tank. Has large 28 mm cylinder so should attain 11 ft. lb. when sorted. The piston is well machined and has a hard resin type plastic piston head fitted with O ring similar to BSA sealing system. Was going to fit PU seal but happened to have new correct O ring so will stick with it. Barrel in .177 looks good quality and shiny bore. Has a few parts missing front sight and parts of back sight but I have found parts to replace, also sling swivels. Should restore quite well, I see from Google value not very high.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

You might not know much about them but I bet you know more than me.
    I've never owned one, seen one or know anyone whose had one, I've never seen one reviewed either so any findings or observations you have would be interesting to hear. Years back when I first heard of Lucznik I thought they might be Russian but I am prety sure they were Polish & may well have been made at the Radom arms works or a subsidiary thereof. ( interesting Radom service pistol....around 1935 ish) Think they made the air pistol too, the LP53 lookalike.
    Maybe I am wrong but the 187 looks to be built along similar criteria to the Haenel 302/303. Solid, heavy very "traditional" wood & steel old school. Wondered if the O ring seal might have been a replacement for a leather one, what do you think?

Think Predom Lucznic is the full name. I had the same idea as you re the piston seal, as they all seem listed originally with a leather seal. Someone may have turned up a Delrin one with an O ring fitted. The design of the rifle does look familiar, and it has a very positive barrel lock on the right hand side. The spring fitted has 28 coils of 3.25mm wire diameter but not sure if that is original.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

A leather seal would seem the most likely to me but.....
    Anyhow it looks like it has potential with good lock up & a good bore with new seals too it will be interesting to see how it shoots. Have you had to make parts for the sights or found something that will do the job. I've a cadet major i bought ages ago & need to look at; the sight frame/base is there but the rest was missing, replacements seem a bit pricey but I need to work out how to get it sorted with a sight one way or another. Cup of tea & thinking cap time.
    Atb with your 187.