Thread: Webley Premier Mk2 info/ scrounge

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Webley Premier Mk2 info/ scrounge

Im curious about the Webley Premier Mk2 and how it was made.

Ive found out that Hurricanes and Tempests has a small plate crimped into the end of the cylinder, before the alloy was cast round them.

If anyone knows whether the same was done with the Premier Mk2 or has a damaged/scrap body they can cut open or post to me to let me cut open, Id be interested.

Obviously I dont want anybody butchering something that is usable.

Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Hi Guy

Pages 136 and 137 of Gordon Bruce's book go into detail of how the original castings were made and air leak problems and how they were overcome. There is no mention of any plate crimping however page 147 concerning the Premier MKIII (forerunner of the Hurricane) shows the metal tube (cylinder) being sealed by a disc 'positioned within the die of an injection moulding', which you know already.
    My guess is that Webley used the same technique on the MKII but until you take one apart you will never know for sure.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    Hi Guy

Pages 136 and 137 of Gordon Bruce's book go into detail of how the original castings were made and air leak problems and how they were overcome. There is no mention of any plate crimping however page 147 concerning the Premier MKIII (forerunner of the Hurricane) shows the metal tube (cylinder) being sealed by a disc 'positioned within the die of an injection moulding', which you know already.
    My guess is that Webley used the same technique on the MKII but until you take one apart you will never know for sure.
    Thanks Richard

I dont have the book.
    My guess for the Hurricanes/ Tempests as well it is that what Im calling "crimping" is some distortion caused by the alloy round the disc.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"