Thread: Crosman 140 identification help

Crosman 140 identification help

OK got another 140, but this is a 4th version but has only one hole for missing rear sight (my others have x2 holes?)
    It also does not have spoon bolt or pllain cover, but a small factory fitted bolt handel directly on the cover?
    also a small not normal front sight?

OK so pics will help, but having issues..
    can someone inform about the bolt cover?
    thanks

I have never seen a bolt on a 140? I would suspect someone upgraded it. I believe it was the later 1400 that at the end of production got a bolt.

Owners would often fit a small bolt on the breech slide.

std to have 1 hole to locate it as the sight was a clip on one
    i've sen a few with added on levers and have one that has a lug soldered on plus custom iron sights

Thanks! First 4th I have had, yes I think your right, aftermarket, but done very well! I will put pics as soon as poss.
    I could not find any pics of examples of factory or aftermarket on Web, hence reason for asking

Quote Originally Posted by hellsquad View Post
    OK got another 140, but this is a 4th version but has only one hole for missing rear sight (my others have x2 holes?)
    It also does not have spoon bolt or pllain cover, but a small factory fitted bolt handel directly on the cover?
    also a small not normal front sight?

OK so pics will help, but having issues..
    can someone inform about the bolt cover?
    thanks
    Hi, sorry to impose, while trawling the forums for a Crosman 140 I came across your posts suggesting you have managed to add a few of them to add to your collection. I am jumping to the conclusion that you have contacts and come across these occasionally.
    Do you know of any that are currently available? Ideally I'm am looking for a restoration project.

Regards Roy