Thread: Could this be a prototype for the T.J.Harrington Gat?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I am a bit surprised how some enthusiasts immediately discount an unknown gun, with apparently 100% certainty, that it is homemade and not a serious prototype, based purely on its appearance and first impressions. So I would like to put this skill to the test, and challenge Ed to tell me which of the following (if any) are true prototypes and which (if any) are homemade jobs. And like with any good exam paper, can you give your reasoning?

You are 100% edging on to the spectrum about this now mate...First it's "I don't care" and now, after you have tapped out 14 or thereabouts posts of 100's of words and arguments, you are trying to set me up hopefully so you can no doubt gleefully discount any opinions I have.

I have put my reasons for that particular gun, (as have others), not sure why I am being singled out.

Give your head a wobble.....

As with the gat, they could all be either home made or prototypes ......as you well know, but what else do they look like, plus impossible to tell without detailed photos as per on the "gat" which show how pants the thing is inside.

The whole point of my reasoning is also the original gun look nowt like a GAT, especially in the grips / frame bit., and the "similar" trigger is anything but, the whole supposition being on the threads etc. and the barrel, and a whole lot of wishful thinking about why so and so was done, and the reason, to (now matter how you dismiss it) suit your narrative, just have a read back!

It's a classic case as Guy mentioned of wanting or wishing (IMHO).

Now......If put the production versions against any of those three and they look as different as the "gat" does, ie nowt like it........then I might revise my opinion a bit.

Cant' believe I am still commenting on this!

ATB, ED
    Last edited by edbear2; 24-11-2022 at 05:11 PM.