Thread: Could this be a prototype for the T.J.Harrington Gat?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Ive no axe to grind either John, but Im more inclined to agree with Ed's way of thinking. Sometimes mechanical things and development can be quite rough and crude. Ed probably know about this from earlier F1 days. 30 years ago, I think they were still strapping planks to the undersides of the cars as something to do with drag and down force?

I'd agree with what Ed says about the sear aduster screw. That is a basic fix that someone would attempt to save making a new sear if it wasnt holding. I wouldnt like to guess about the one on the trigger. Maybe that was originally fitted?
    Why are the adjusters inside the housing? If you were making a gun that only you were going to use, you wouldnt need to hide the adjusters, but would want to be able to get to them for easy adjustment.

I still think a prototype would have simple wooden grips on rather than those metal plates. When I first saw pictures of the gun (on here years ago?) I thought it was a home made one, because of the plates.

Also, that probe still reminds me of a jet holder. Would you make something like that when something simpler to make could be used on a prototype?

Reguarding the barrel threads being 5/16 BSF (just wondering) are they BSF or BSB (brass) ------I know both are 26tpi but not sure of the difference. (WHOOPS---Getting my threads mixed up BSC is 26tpi not BSF)
    I know that BSA used BSF on the piston rod on the Cadets and Majors.

Is that trigger shaped where is is brown or is it just corrosion?

I guess we will never know about the gun but it is a nice thing to own.

Just thinking----------Why would you have the trigger adjusters inside? Maybe a skilled person did make the gun for their son or grandson and set the trigger to a level that they considered safe?
    Last edited by ggggr; 23-10-2022 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Mixed up BSf with BSC
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"