Thread: Weaver Rail - Where to get it?

toxophilus Guest

Weaver Rail - Where to get it?

Anyone know where I can get a short section of plain weaver rail? Preferably aluminium? Ta!

Keef Guest
    I have some off cuts left over from the ones I make for the Rapids etc.

How long do you need the piece to be? Secondly the pieces are plain do you need slots cutting in them?

Keith

Failing that browse some airsoft sites they need all sorts of rails to hang all their flashlights and lasers and other assorted junk from

toxophilus Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Keef
    I have some off cuts left over from the ones I make for the Rapids etc.

How long do you need the piece to be? Secondly the pieces are plain do you need slots cutting in them?

Keith
    Keith

I don't need much, say two or three inches? No need to do any machining, I work in an engineering shop anyway so slots, screw holes etc. aren't a problem.

I've been juggling with the idea of fitting a bipod to my SuperTen - I bought one of those bipods that clamps on the barrel, but the way it fits gets in the way of removing the bottle and it also causes the barrel to flex ever so slightly when you take the weight of the gun on the bipod.

The way it clamps on the barrel though looks as though it could clamp on a weaver rail with a bit of judicious machining, so I figured that if I can fix a piece of rail under the fore-end it may do the trick.

Or...

...Toxo consider inletting a length of accessory rail into the underside of your stock and then using a QD stud adapter. I strongly reccomend/support your position that mounting to the barrel is not a good idea.

However KEEF really knows his onions so will no doubt have some advice. If you do get any work from him it will be top notch.

SBD

Keef Guest
    I have three pieces, 50mm, 70mm and 90mm long. They are all 16mm high so if you want to inlet them into the wood there will still be a lot of the weaver shaped part protruding.

They are plain, if you need the sizes for the slots e mail me and I will send you a drawing.

One thing that you might like to look at is a bipod that fits onto a weaver rail:

http://www.tdi-arms.com/store.php?cat=19

If you want one but cannot find a supplier locally let me know.

Mail me if one of the rail sizes is what you want.

Keith

toxophilus Guest
    Keef

You have PM