Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crosman 1377 nightmare

Jon you're another airgun enthusiast that has owned many nice airguns and still has a place for a humble 1322.

That barrel band was a solid piece, I added a 8-32 set screw and never had any wobble in the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    bb's can do that but then i have heard that some were accidently fitted with barrels that skipped the rifleing process or were bored over size that the rifling is essentially non existant
    Someone reported a 2240 like that some time ago.
    Too many airguns!

Must be a few barrels skipping quality control.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Someone reported a 2240 like that some time ago.

I've finished putting the troublesome 1377 back together. The barrel with stripped rifling has been replaced and the fkag top valve face which was missing a flat top piston.

I've added a steel breech, alloy barrel band with 1/2 unf thread and a Walther 25mm tube red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    I've finished putting the troublesome 1377 back together. The barrel with stripped rifling has been replaced and the fkag top valve face which was missing a flat top piston.

I've added a steel breech, alloy barrel band with 1/2 unf thread and a Walther 25mm tube red dot.

That came out very nice! Is it the original 1377 barrel length?
    Too many airguns!

It has a 10" .1377 barrel from Gmac it will be a good garden plinker being low powered and quiet.

Another issue cropped up, the new pump cup seal kept popping off the piston so I had to put the old one back on which has extra ridges on. A new original piston might be needed.

It has a 10" .1377 barrel from Gmac it will be a good garden plinker being low powered and quiet.

Another issue cropped up, the new pump cup seal kept popping off the piston so I had to put the old one back on which has extra ridges on. A new original piston might be needed.
    Ok, thanks, I'm just wondering how you were able to mount the silencer on the barrel?
    Too many airguns!

Are these guns popular in Norway? I'm quite impressed with this barrel band. It's a good quality alloy and has an m3 barrel set screw. They are good value I paid about £25 posted on the auction site from Germany.

Ok, thanks, I'm just wondering how you were able to mount the silencer on the barrel?

Are these guns popular in Norway? I'm quite impressed with this barrel band. It's a good quality alloy and has an m3 barrel set screw. They are good value I paid about £25 posted on the auction site from Germany.
    The stores sell them, and they turn up second hand too, sp I guess they are popular.

Is the silencer attached to the barrel band? and if so, does it line up properly with the barrel?
    Too many airguns!

Ah, great, that explains it all, thank you!
    Too many airguns!

Some time ago I promised myself never to use money on parts for 2240s and 1377s again...
    Too many airguns!

me too evert I've tried and always come back to them.

Some time ago I promised myself never to use money on parts for 2240s and 1377s again...

I have a Crosman 1377 that I bought October 1979, still in its box with all paperwork, manual etc including a 1991 Crosman catalog, even got the 'scope mount that I bought with it and never used. The gun has probably fired less than 100 pellets as I never really liked it.

If of any interest I can post some pics.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Hi Lodmoor your 1377 sounds like a nice collectible. I'm not great pricing things but I should think £100-150 would be realistic. Some 30w non-detergent motor oil on the pump pivot areas should bring the seals back to life if they've dried out.