Thread: With a little help from my friends

With a little help from my friends

I have an Xocet fitted with a Webley Pro-System silencer that I did not fit (not my gun etc) and need to remove it. I can see flats on it re spanner(?) but do not want to play without knowing what I am doing. Please tell me how it comes off.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

They are compression fit like threaded plumbing joints. They came with different diameter olives to suit barrel diameter.
    Hold the body and turn the flats anti clockwise to slacken the grip on the olive. It may then slip off. If not unscrew completely to remove body and get access to the olive. Hope that helps.

The nut part (and the flats near the exit) can mark quite easily, so good idea to wrap well with insulating tape first, if you intend to keep it. I've still got one fitted to my go-to Omega.

Thanx guys, it tried to resist but in the end came off easily.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

glad you got it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    I have an Xocet fitted with a Webley Pro-System silencer that I did not fit (not my gun etc) and need to remove it. I can see flats on it re spanner(?) but do not want to play without knowing what I am doing. Please tell me how it comes off.
    Some Webley barrels had 'turned down end' so you need a piece for that to make barrel parallel (if that makes sense) if so, otherwise Pro S will not sit square
    Like a small mini shroud to sit on top of turned down barrel end, which buts onto rest of barrel

Webley used to supply with Pro S originally, people get them mixed up with the sizing olives
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34