Thread: Weihrauch "solid" front tunnel sight

edbear2 Guest

Weihrauch "solid" front tunnel sight

A few years ago I helped out someone who wanted a non shrouded front sight for a HW80 (to do with a shooting club rules thing).

I am 100% sure I recall got hold of what looked like the normal HW unit that has the various inserts, but this one was a one piece casting, so you could simply chop off the protector part and have just the blade.

Think it was off the bay, what HW model / era gun would it have fitted on please, it had the normal screw in the side and went straight onto std HW barrel grooves, and from a distance looked like the generic HW foresights on the break barrel range.

ATB, ED

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    A few years ago I helped out someone who wanted a non shrouded front sight for a HW80 (to do with a shooting club rules thing).

I am 100% sure I recall got hold of what looked like the normal HW unit that has the various inserts, but this one was a one piece casting, so you could simply chop off the protector part and have just the blade.

Think it was off the bay, what HW model / era gun would it have fitted on please, it had the normal screw in the side and went straight onto std HW barrel grooves, and from a distance looked like the generic HW foresights on the break barrel range.

ATB, ED
    The 'solid' type you describe is as currently fitted to the HW30S. The diameter of the tunnel is smaller than on the standard HW removable reticle front sight.

ATB.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    The 'solid' type you describe is as currently fitted to the HW30S. The diameter of the tunnel is smaller than on the standard HW removable reticle front sight.

ATB.
    Thanks for that, ironically I had been looking at 30s's due to a nerve probelm meaning heavy guns are out, but when I looked online they seem to have inserts?

Would it be the older models do you know that would have one?

ATB, ED

Actually, I may have this the wrong way round! I recently removed the front sights from my HW30S and HW99S at the same time and made the assumption the 'cheaper' solid type came from the 30s, but it seems it was from the 99s! Oops!

No picture at Chambers, but the price suggests this is the solid type rather than the more expensive standard type. A phone call to Chambers for confirmation would clarify I imagine.

https://twchambers.co.uk/airgun-spar...-unit-os223-1/

ATB.
    Last edited by mrto; 10-11-2022 at 02:21 PM.

99 in UK has integral sight/hood. The 50 as Germans call it has inserts

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    99 in UK has integral sight/hood. The 50 as Germans call it has inserts
    Thanks for that!

ATB, Ed