What a pain.

BSA improved model with a nice rear sight with a wheel that wont turn...?..

Removed the sight block from the barrel, popped it in to soak overnight, fiddly little off centre wheel is difficult to get much purchase on it but I couldn't shift it. Couple more days of soaking, percussed it with brass drift ( that's percussed but precussed might be appropriate too). Still no joy, into an ultrasonic bath. Nope. Heat, quench, nope, heat & drop in dismantling fluid. Nope more heat.......still no go.

Writing this for two reasons, a) any suggestions b) stop me doing something too rash.

I dont think I'm the first to have a go at this as ther is a bit of metal thats been raised on one edge of the wheel & a bit of a mark on the other.
Theres no damage on the blade or ears of the sight block so it's not been dropped or clouted as far as I can tell but it's a darned close fit. It's an area I percussed lightly to try & rattle it a bit with a brass drift shaped to the blades thickness minus a bit.

Just wondering about grinding a piece of saw blade to a very fine wedge & seeing if i can splay the slot the blade runs in, just a smidge in case the mating face of blade & block are locked together. Then close the ears of the block afterwards once it's all in bits. Sound a bit drastic but what do you reckon?

Really dont want to mess it up. Had one a bit like it before but it eventually freed up but this ones showing no sign of willingness to co operate.

Beginning to think it might be time to just put up with it but its niggling me.